cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Gear S3 Frontier Alarm Not Working

I have had a daily (weekday) alarm set for 6:10 AM for about a year now without any prior issues.

After the last update the alarm no longer goes off or, even worse, will only go off when I touch the Back key to check the time (after 6:10).

I've deleted and reset the alarm, as well as doing a full factory reset on the watch with no resolution.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Alarm Not Working

Are you setting the alarm on the watch or the phone connected to the watch when you experience these symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

I'm setting it directly on the watch.

I was actually awake this morning when it was supposed to go off and all it did was a single (very) short vibrate and turned the screen on.  Nothing else.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for that information. Give this a try: set an alarm on your phone and does the alarm go off on your watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

No, there is no syncing of alarms between phone and watch.

I just tried setting multiple alarms on my watch on my wrist or off, with my phone's Do Not Disturb feature on (which it does on schedule overnight) and off and they all worked.

The only time it seems to not work is in the morning, when I need it the most.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue. Did you ever get a resolution? @RePeteD 

Highlighted
Constellation

No, no resolution as of yet.

I have noticed that if I get woken up during the night and I check the time then the alarm will work.  Now I'm wondering if the watch is going into some form of standby after some time which is stopping the alarm.

I'm having an issue where touching the back button to wake the watch won't show the watch face, but the menu will still show if I drag it down from the top. Again only since the latest update. @userFoZx6EBGfE 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue. I have a daily alarm set for each weekday morning and the frustrating thing is that it will work some days and others it will not. Worked Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week and then today it didn't. No rhyme or reason as to when it will or will not work. This has been going on for the last 6 weeks or so. Very annoying as the alarm is something I really rely on. I hope someone figures out what is going on.