cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userO8Z5dMVacU
Asteroid

Gear S3 Frontier Battery Drain

Purchased my Gear S3 a couple months ago, 1.5 - 2 days of battery life with AOD and heart monitor on.  After 4.0.0.4 update (the One UI update) battery barely lasts 5-6 hours.  Already tried factory reset.  Any ideas?

45 REPLIES 45
FTalesky
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Battery Drain

This is an ongoing issue. I had the battery drain issue and a software update fixed the problem. Watch worked fine until the TIzen 4.0 update. Right back to the battery drain. I get approximately 14 Hours now consistently. Just updated with the UI 4.0.0.4 update but no change. This is a software issues that is being ignored totally. I am using a Galaxy S6 Active and all software is up to date. There must be some program or setting that needs to be tweeked. Has anyone had the battery drain issue resolved?

userhQlDo10O61
Constellation

I second that my watch was up to date before the One UI update and got 1.5 days worth of battery even with AOD. Now I'm charging my watch after 5 hours of use. Really wish there is a fix coming (as I've tried everything I can think of) or a way to revert to the previous software at the least.
usernLIJIJY4Z2
Asteroid

Same here.  I used to get one and a half to two days of battery life.  After this last update, I get about 10 to 12 hours and the watch battery is drained.  I've done a full reset, turned off WiFi and NFC, even ran the bettery optimize function that dims the brightness and stuff (always on is also off), but I still only get about 10 to 12 hours tops since this last update.

userlSH9judm66
Asteroid

I'm having the same issue.  A hard restart didn't do anything.  Samsung needs to fix the update

WiseyD
Asteroid

The hard reset didn't resolve it for me the first time but IT DID THE SECOND TIME. Again make sure you DO NOT restore your settings from a backup. Just set everything up from scratch. I'm back to just charging my watch in the morning during after my run, while in the shower and eating breakfast. Using around 30% of the battery in the run of a day. 

Cipri
Constellation

Do you use AOD? Because my battery problem only appears when AOD is turned on.

userO8Z5dMVacU
Asteroid

I've found a partial solution (emphasis on partial).  I did another factory reset and (again) didn't restore from backup.  This time, I left ONLY the pre-installed apps; this includes not installing additional faces (although I'd ONLY been using the Samsung ones - specifically Modern Utility and Analog Utility), no HERE WeGo, no stopwatch, timer, calculator, Samsung Internet, or Voice Memo.  I've turned S-Voice to manual activation (although I did that just now, hitting "Agree" on the S-Voice legal notice, so you may want to avoid doing that at all, to ensure it was disabled) and disabled AOD. 

Still not stellar, but I've attached a screenshot of the battery status, which should get me through the day at roughly 5% per hour.  Currently using "Blue Pop" with the black background, set to monitor battery.  HR monitor and Step Counter are enabled. 

Screenshot_20190522-124948_Gear S PlugIn.jpg

userU5OqNa1P1y
Constellation

I have a similar problem, after updating my watch battery life with AOD is 0.5 days. Before the update could live for 2 days.

userO8Z5dMVacU
Asteroid

Yep, after testing it yesterday with AOD off (relatively normal battery drain, 7.5 hours left me with 70%) and today with AOD off (it dropped about 12% in an hour), I think AOD is the issue.  Hopefully, we'll get a fix.