cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpzODYKT6ZM
Constellation

Gear S3 Frontier Seems Very Confused About Power Button

So I'm having this problem in which my Gear S3 Frontier seems to be a bit backwards as to whether the power button is being pressed or not. It's been constantly rebooting for seemingly no reason all day. I noticed that if I held the power button down, the device would function as normal, which was confusing to me. I figured doing a factory reset would help, which wound up being a bit of a race against the next reboot while I was in the reboot mode menu. Finally got the reset to happen, but again, the reset would only continue as long as I was holding the power button down. As soon as I released the button, it would go back to rebooting infinitely. I got the factory reset to go through the whole way, and now as soon as I took my finger off the power button, the "power down" option showed up. The only reason I can think of as to why this would happen is that the watch thinks that the power button is being held down whenever it isn't and vice versa. I have no idea why this would be happening or what can be done to fix it, if anything. Like I said, it's already been factory reset, so should I take it to a tech support person or is there something I can do from home? I'm genuinely perplexed.

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Seems Very Confused About Power Button

Honestly, if the factory reset didn't help I would have to recommend having the watch evaluated by a certified technician. I can help you get set up for service if you would be interested in that. I will just need you to send me a private message with the full model code and serial number of the watch.