Did you mean: 
Carlos_7538
Galaxy

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Twitter user Carlos7538

userjkZVu3Qmnw
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue. Reboot didn't help me. Other issue I had, my gear S3 won't fully charge in one go, I usually get a message that batter is too hot, so I keep it aside for a while before recharging to reach 100% charge. I'm gonna contact Samsung to report the matter. 

Jared Paul91
Constellation

turn watch off...hold power button till it says rebooting...click power button quickly go to recovery...bam battery issue is gone and you can now use s health again. found this fix 3 days ago...my battery consumption is 3-4% an hr loc on nfc on s voice on BT off HR 10mins Weather update 1hr
userjZOd2RMM3b
Astronaut

Same issue. Unusable device in this conditions

userJmrarHSdxV
Constellation

It blows my mind that Samsung can release 3.0 with all the fanfare about extending battery life when in reality it makes it so much worse!  Incomprehensible.

sygys
Constellation

Could have know this would happen, and as from now i will never update samsung products when a newer version comes out.

I have seen this with the S6 S7 and Gear S3 now.. everytime samsung releases a newer version of a product an update will show up wich makes the battery drain twice or 3 times as fast.

Its nothing more then a trick to let people buy new products because old ones become useless.

Its becomming really obvious with samsung products. 

My advice: dont update your samsung devices when newer versions of a product come on the market!

DwayneM
Constellation

I too have had no battery issues since upgrading to Tizen 3.0

A small group of people post that their battery life has been reduced adter the update and you're ready to declare that the update "makes battery life so much worse". If this were true you would be seeing a lot more complaints here about it. Are you sure you didn't do something like enable the new continuous heart rate measurement feature?

Highlighted
userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

No continuous heart rate!  Tizen 3.0 update on Gear 3 Frontier increased the battery use significantly.   As simple as that!

Cilke_SanDiego
Asteroid

Guys..

I did a reset device on my samsung gear s3 and noticed that the battery usage for samsung health drop from 45% to 3 %.

Check this out.

https://www.tizenexperts.com/2017/11/might-want-factory-reset-gear-s3-value-pack-update/

Looks like a solution

user4SCkgQjpOJ
Astronaut

I have a gear s2 and also since the update my battery won't last all day, it lasts about 7 hours! It would last a day and a half. Never had battery issues before!