Did you mean: 
Carlos_7538
Galaxy

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Wonderful experience isn't it.....

Benjaminjhobbs
Constellation

You all need to send yours in before you have a problem without warranty. I just got mine back and a full charge lasted 2 days. This is unheard of for me. B to mention initial set up and quite a bit of messing around with it, I wanted to push its limits. I now have drained it out and hope with normal usage tomorrow I can get a good 3 days. 

Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

went from 33% a day to about 25%. check through the settings and close up all the things that you won't be making use of. 3.0 update has much better battery optimization, you're just doing it wrong.
Thunderstrk
Constellation

Not sure how the battery life was before the update because I jsut bought the watch and it updated to 3.0 right away. However, the first full charge lasted about 50 hours (10% remaining actually), with continuous HR on, some notifs and NO AOD.  The first day semeed to go down super fast. about 55% in the first 24 hours. Then I rebooted the watch..and lost about 35-40% in the next 24 hours. Defintely draining a lot slower now after the reboot. Try that and it might help. 

userYZlmgGJnxg
Constellation

Same here, rebooted the watch, kept only standard apps, turned off all unnecessary settings like continuous heartrate measuring. Makes no difference still using lots more battery. Is there a way to return to tizen 2, which was way better!

Highlighted
userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

Reboot/Turn Off/ Reset to factory.  Result 22% battery drain in about 14 hours from full charge, with no permanent watch display on no GPS, no WIFI  no heart rate, low vibration, etc. That means about 43% a day.  I used to get 20% battery drain A DAY UNDER IDENTICAL SETTINS.  Battery drain 1.8 times more in Tizen 3 vs Tizen 2 and that is a fact (on my Gear S3 Frontier)

user5O1jjACI0J
Constellation

so with key, usable apps disabled in order to preserve battery life, what's the point of the watch?  Very disappointed with the HUGE battery drain, and the work it takes to fix.  Do appreciate all input, however, in trying to make it work.  Very close to going back to Samsung with what appears to be a less than forthright battery claim.  Have used Suunto previously and may look to them for their much more expensive, but potentially more useful device.

user6Qgncm1c1I
Constellation

Yes I have downgraded mine to 2.3.2.3 ...   I'll wait to upgrade to 3 ..... After a new update

userXpkSO8PFgl
Constellation

I have downgraded mine to 2.3.2.3. This link might be helpful for you: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s3/development/rom-samsung-gear-s3-sm-r760-t3588062

Wifi odin: https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4349431&d=1512156568

Won't update to Tizen 3 until Samsung releases a new update (with the battery drain issue fixed hopefully!)

Benjaminjhobbs
Constellation

@user6Qgncm1c1I wrote:

Yes I have downgraded mine to 2.3.2.3 ...   I'll wait to upgrade to 3 ..... After a new update

How in the world did you downgrade!? I have been trying to research such for a while now.

So sad... I just bought the watch used yesterday and took it home, all excited, to sit there unbeknownst to me,  with a perfectly working 2.3.2.x and, like any sane person with a new product, proceeded to walk into death with 3.0.0.1. I stuck the new watch onto the dock and charged it to 100% then proceeded to wear it that night to track my sleep. Put on the watch as I was falling asleep and woke up to an 80% watch 5 hours later. Thought something was wrong but proceeded my day to work. 3 hours later I was sitting at 20% almost dead. This is terrible...