cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sub_Dude
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Took mine off the charger at 7:30 this morning, it turned itself off at 12:45 as if the battery was dead. I immediately turned it back on. Battery showed 3%. As I'm writing this, it is 2:00 and the watch still shows 3% and hasn't turned itself off again yet.

Something seems wonky with battery % calculation.

-Gear S3 Frontier on Tizen 3.0.1

userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

Since Samsung does not read any of these postings this is an exercise in futility. However, battery drain, battery % reporting or per app reporting seems so far off that I can only conclude Tizen 3.0 is in Alpha stages and it was put forward for us to do all the guessing and for them to elevate it to Beta and maybe, just maybe, to a fully functional OS. Based on my past experience with Samsung I would not put too much hope in a better product (OS), any time soon.
userWAyiFESCED
Constellation

yup have same issue only that when my watch turns off because apparently it ran out of battery. so i placed it on the craddle to charge and the percentage reads 75% when it should be 0%. it will only last me a day if i set the watch to Power Saving mode when before the update i could get almost an all day usage with almost every thing turned on. idk what to do
userQK0e2HLvDB
Constellation

This is a HUGE problem... Prior to the update, my watch lasted about 2 days with the always on display and streaming music for my morning workouts. I sleep with the watch on the charging dock and get up at 6:00am to go to the gym with my watch. At 6:30am my watch reads "80% battery".... At 2:00pm it is dead.... I bought this watch specifically because it was known to last for a day or two before needing to be recharged. Whatever the Tizen 3.0 update did to the watch's battery optimization, it needs to be changed because this is ridiculious. For god's sake, a piece of SH*T Apple Watch lasts longer now..... (eye roll). Please fix this, Samsung.

user23XDPoScxd
Astronaut

Same here.

A few months ago, there was the same issue after an update and Samsung had patched it within a week or 2. Hopefully the same happens with this one.

I just wonder how much testing they do before releasing an update?

userlShE4tKOfq
Constellation

same problem here, but something more strange appars to me today "

something like "gear s3 (or battery) must be cooled before charging"

is the first time i see this message. on the other hand, the time for charging it's the double, when it can complete a charging process.

Highlighted
userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

YOU are doing the testing! Latest update hardly qualifies for an Alpha stage.
useryiUZLcYDLc
Constellation

I have the same issue with my Gear S3 Frontier after the update. It charges really slowly and it gets really hot quickly and then starts discharging with a warning screen. Rebooting or resetting didn't help either.I hope this issue gets fixed.

Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Yes, my gear is pretty new and I noticed the difference immediately. I have to put it on power saving mode just to make sure it lasts while being used for the day.