cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommy_Atkins
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Samsung is rolling out a fix for the battery drain problem! Read this article for details ...

https://www.sammobile.com/news/gear-s3-update-in-canada-address-battery-life-issue/

Carlis
Constellation

Nice.. hope it works.

I did reset my watch twice.. and it did cure it for me.

1st was in the menu.. 

2nd was holding the power and recover reset it.

2nd reset made the watch back as it should be.

Cilke_SanDiego
Asteroid

Guys

I just checked and the Battery upgrade firmware is ready for installation. Just upgraded my device. 

Reporting from San Diego, CA.

Tommy_Atkins
Constellation

Cilke_SanDiego,

Please update us on the status of the battery drain issue after installing this latest patch. I would like to know if it fixed the problem please.

Cilke_SanDiego
Asteroid

@Tommy_Atkins and all

After the firmware upgrade yesterday I did a Reset on my Samsung Gear S3. Today I started my day with 100% battery at 7 am and after 8:30 hrs is 80% battery ( so in 8 hrs lost 20%).

I remember that it took a full day ( 24 hrs) to lose 25% in battery ( Original firmware)

1. I have NFC = OFF

2. WiFi = OFF

3. Heart Sensor = every 10 min

4. Location = ON

5. SVoice = ON

I will wait for 2 more days just to settle down the system, sometimes it took the device to learn the pattern of usage.

uservqqW40Rkl5
Constellation

Before the update, my battery would last at least 2 days, based off my settings.  After the update, it would be dead in less than 8 hours.

It wasn't until I accidentally disconnected the watch from my phone (S8+) and reconnected when I saw a battery improvement, but still was only slightly over 1 day under the same settings.  I've reset the watch to it's factory defaults, but with no noticeable improvements.

I've seen some oddities with the battery section of the gear app, and I'm curious what the app usage percentages actually represent.  The sum of the apps usage percentages don't seem to align with the percent of battery remaining, or anything really, even when I look at them from a fresh 100% charge.

Hopefully they address something soon.  I haven't had any complaints with the watch, until now,  for the ~8 months I've had it.

Highlighted
userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

There is so much consistency in the reports about battery drain under Tizen 3.0 that Samsung must be either in denial or incapable of fixing the problem. This may have serious consequences upon the integritiy/reliability/longevity of the device itself and hence a potential legal liability. Time will tell!
usergg3team1EG
Asteroid

I was getting only slightly less battery life on Tizen 3 vs. Tizen 2 but saw reports that a factory reset could help the issue. So I factory reset the watch and now battery life is WAY worse. Before I could go at least 3 days on a charge and now I'm lucky to get through 1.

I did notice that when I was on Tizen 2 the watch and battery were both good. But on Tizen 2 and updated to 3 without a reset, the battery life was good, but the watch ran very slow. Sometimes opening Samsung Pay would take 10 seconds. After doing a factory reset with Tizen 3, the watch is much smoother, just battery life sucks.

userCcbdNDQzWj
Astronaut

From the other side of the pond: battery drain is about 50% per day without AOD.

Reseting to factory defaults, removing Facer watch faces, not installing one application ... nothing changes the behavior.

From 2 days straight to charging everyday. Tizen 3.0 really messed up my Gear.

userixAm5izApW
Constellation

the same with mine on - I'm in UK - up to Saturday battery life was great however now I do not know what happens - I have 100% charged at 7am and after 5hrs I have swithced it to safe mode with 15%. After another 30 minutes battery drops to 3%. Turned off Samsung Health HR monitoring, Weather location services . I've rebooted the watch too but does not help. 

UPDATE - I have turned off the HR and rebooted watch and from tgat point 1,5h ago battery drops down only 2%. Still the higher drain is from Samsung Health app.