cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWpDpMeTS3m
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

I've been having the same problem... Let the watch run completely out of battery.... Do this several times it helped me... 

Highlighted
userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

I would not recommend deep cycle charge too often as it affects the endurance and life span of battery. There is a much better solution and that would be for Samsung to fix Tizen 3.0 which is the source of battery drain. I am still waiting to see a convincing post showing the problem to be something other than the OS.
Landmark65
Constellation

I replaced my battery on 6 Jan 2018.  Before the battery replacement I was losing 25% per hour.   After replacement, it was depleting 6% per hour.  As of yesterday. it was depleting 1% per minute.  So after a full charge the watch would be dead in 100mins.  Hopeless. I still have 15 days warranty left on my replacement battery,  so I'll take the watch back.  This watch and battery are a disaster.

userjMspJMEGN2
Constellation

So last night I charged my watch again and let it sit over night, off the charger, bluetooth, wifi, and all the apps off. I am only connected via 4g. Woke up this morning at around 8:15am and the watch was still at 100 percent. After wearing it, as of 10:30, it is down to 87 percent. I still think it is VERY odd that after charging and just sitting on a nightstand it retains it's battery, but as soon as I put it on, I start losing 10% an hour. I even confirmed that Workout Detection, Healthy Pace, Cycling, Rowing, Dynamic Workout, Inactive Time Alerts, Sleep Report, etc. are OFF. Auto HR setting is set to Never. S voice is off, Gear Network is set to Auto Switch...everything is pretty much off.
userjMspJMEGN2
Constellation

The only thing I could think of is that while my watch is at home on the nightstand or while I am out and about, it is connected via 4g or to my phone via Bluetooth. As I mentioned it was only at work that I was losing 10% an hour. There is little to no signal in my office and because of my work, I cannot have any Bluetooth or wifi activated. So this morning, I turned 'Gear Network' OFF (under 'Mobile Networks' in 'Connections'). So far I am still at 92% (compared to the typical ~48%-45%). I remembered my GFs Applewatch was constantly losing battery until they changed a connections setting. Basically, constantly searching for a signal was KILLING the battery. Seems to have solved my problem too.
userbxb2pRTsFQ
Constellation

That could be caused by a setting that turns things off when you are not wearing the watch.  I came across that setting the other day.  

I too have also ran into the sudden less than 24 hour battery life.  However, this was not after an update and it only lasted one battery cycle.  I let the watch die until it shut off, set it on the charger to fully charge, cleared the cache on the gear app on my phone.  My battery is now estimated at 60+ hours with just about everything on except AOD (every 10 min heart rate, wake gesture, weather update every 3 hours, health active monitoring, workout detection, sound and vibrate on notifications, 60% brightness etc.....) .  It seems like there is a bug in either health or weather but it seems like killing the process off can help.  

Bugs happen and not all are solved with the same solution.  If none of the solutions below work, then it may be possible that you have a hardware issue thats causing the problem and replacement may be the solution.  

Common solutions:

1.  Reboot (Let the watch die until it shuts off and do a full charge before turning it back on)

2. Reboot and clear cache on Samsung Gear app

3. Factory reset the watch

4. Factory Reset the watch and reinstall the Gear app

Hope this helps some of you out there.

userprbkkJAfWN
Constellation

I'm having a similar experience though I'm noticing the samsung health app is using all the power. Just since the last update. Losing 10% an hour.. 

userfDMTm43PD8
Constellation

I had the same issue.   I contacted Samsung, and they asked me to send my watch in.  It was still under warranty.  It took about a week, and they ran a bunch of tests on it.  On the work slip, it said tgey replaced the "incell battery pack".  Hope this helps.  

@userey3R7nJjbi wrote:

Got latest update to Tizen 3.0 Suddenly battery drains a lot faster compared to previous firmware based on Tizen 2.4.2.4.  Made sure all settings are identical and Tizen 3.0 is supposed to be a lot more battery efficient.  Anyone experiencing similar problems?

user1cXyCQkHrE
Cosmic Ray

@userfDMTm43PD8I will be sending mine in for repair Monday, apparently it will take 7 days etc. Which is a shame, but I was wondering since your battery being replaced how's it been, rough battery stats/hours?

I appreciate your response, also did you send it with a strap as someone one here said there's did not get returned!

user1epmeOSe7L
Constellation

Watch out sending in for repair.

Had my watch sent in for repair and they told me no parts and was going to send me refund.  Was only going to send price for watch without tax.   They told it will take 7 to 14 days for refund but never came.  Its been 6 week, now.  Called customer service many times and they have no idea what is status.  Called again recently and now they are saying compensation systme is down.  What a bull**bleep**!  Called repair center direct now they have parts and asked to have it repair send the watch back.  Have to wait another week.   What a crap!