cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNQQLBEe3pz
Astronaut

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

I have the same issue after the update. Auto HR off. 

I found that the watch keep on showing Inactive Alert, even I have turned it off.

N3astY
Constellation

Hi there,

I am having the same issue since upgrading my gear s3 frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.1. For my standard use, i used to reach allmost 4 days. Now i have to recharge every 2 days.Is there any way to downgrade to the previous version, beside flashing it using Odin? I presume that through Odin flashing, it will void the warranty, and i wouldn't want that.

Thank you!

userXpkSO8PFgl
Constellation

@N3astY wrote:

Hi there,

I am having the same issue since upgrading my gear s3 frontier to Tizen 3.0.0.1. For my standard use, i used to reach allmost 4 days. Now i have to recharge every 2 days.Is there any way to downgrade to the previous version, beside flashing it using Odin? I presume that through Odin flashing, it will void the warranty, and i wouldn't want that.

Thank you!

I don't think it will void the warranty as long as you flash it using an official firmware. I have tried that and my warranty status remains unchanged.

useroeG9OYhI01
Constellation

did you find the response regarding how to downgrade? i would like to do as well. Can you send me steps how to do so?

Benjaminjhobbs
Constellation

@useroeG9OYhI01 wrote:

did you find the response regarding how to downgrade? i would like to do as well. Can you send me steps how to do so?

Sadly not. It seems like there isn't a possibility to do so. I did turn of nearly all the notifications to the watch (manage such under the app on the phone) and this seemed to help a little bit. Not much though. Still draining about a percent every ten minutes.... 

Benjaminjhobbs
Constellation

@userCugpxjXtpk wrote:

@useroeG9OYhI01 wrote:

Sadly not. It seems like there isn't a possibility to do so. I did turn of nearly all the notifications to the watch (manage such under the app on the phone) and this seemed to help a little bit. Not much though. Still draining about a percent every ten minutes.... 

You have to try this! I just did so and two hours have passed with a 2-3% drop. This is unheard of for me. I ususally will do 20% or more in an hour. I turned off the auto detecting workout think under the health app. That way it isn't always sensing for automatically starting a workout. I also turned off the auto S Voice and have reset the watch without updating the weather app and haven't added a location to it. All these things together have got me down to 1-3% (at least for the past two hours). 

Highlighted
userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

If I recall correctly, Gear S3 with Tizen 2.... was sold as a 4 day battery under normal usage. That would be slightly over 1% per hour. Tizen 3... was supposed to improve battery life by 30% meaning 0.7% per hour under normal usage. Under what circumstances turning off just about every existing feature and using 2-3% of battery per hour comes even close to what it was advertised. Where and how is Samsung going to be held accountable for false advertising? Would anyone have paid $ 350.00 for a piece of metal with a black round face on it and a rubber band if all this would have been known?

userfHa91vZdTu
Constellation

Same issues with no fix after a reboot and a reset.  Does anyone know if there is a way to roll tizen back to the previous version?!

userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

Given that Tizen 3 brought a multitude of issues related to the rapid battery discharge, it now becomes clear that heat and rapid battery discharge/recharge is going to shorten the life of Gear S3, considerably, if not damage it entirely.  Is Samsung goind to replace the watches after the warranty expiration due to clear neglet in testing this faulty firmware before propagating it to our watches?  There should be a consensus here because I do not think that Samsung is doing anything about this issues (as far as I can tell).  Does anyone else have further information to elaborate on this matter?.  This is one expensive watch and I am not happy about letting this expense going down the drain just because Samsung does not take responsibility.

userWxp9X0AoKi
Cosmic Ray

I completely agree with you about the heat and rapid battery discharge. I now believe my battery was damaged during the update, which took over an hour and drained the battery from over 30% to almost 0%.