cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFi95nbMrSC
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

What I've noticed is if you turn the gear 3 off it won't show 100% charged will only go to 68 69 % have to leave the device powered on to get it charged to 100%

userFi95nbMrSC
Constellation

Did you update tizen software to 3.0.0.2?

CanVan_710
Constellation

I got my watch back from Samsung today. Haven't tested yet but according to the repair notes, hardware faulted:

PBA - BGA failure

Replace level 2 part

Replaced mainboard and battery

I am gonna play with it for now.

userFi95nbMrSC
Constellation

Here's my testing so far with the 3.0.0.2 update battery still draining but the upside is it doesn't drain as fast if bluetooth is off. Been going back and forth with samsung help letting them know it's a software issue and I dont care how many times its repaired it's not gonna fix the battery issue. But on the upside it charges faster way to go samsung. Now my s8 plus battery is trash after oreo update time to say night night to samsung eco system.

JDee
Asteroid

hmmm.... just updated to 3.0.0.2 (thanks to poster who first mentioned it).

Gear S3 was on 38% battery when install started, after installing and auto reboot, watch displayed a battery very low message. Checked and had 7%, then died straight after. Put it on charge and guess what, my S3 displayed 60%.... WHAT THE ****!?!?!?!

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

user8prroxHheo
Astronaut

Energy saving on :

Tizen  2.4 --> 6 days

Tizen 3.0.0.1 --> 3,5 days to 4,5

Tizen 3.0.0.2 --> 2 days

???

Landmark65
Constellation

After all my Repairs, 2 battery replacements and mother board replaced, and now running 3.0.0.2. The watch is consistently using 28% from 6:30am to 10:30pm.  So have 72% left in a typical day.  I turn off at night.  Bluetooth on, WiFi off, AOD off, heart rate monitor off.  I'm satisfied that I only charge every third day. 

JDee
Asteroid

I also found with AOD off watch lasts for ages.... BUT, I bought this watch for long lasting capability WITH AOD on... This WAS the case prior to Tizen 3.... even with update to 3.0.0.2, with AOD on battery life is woeful.

Carlos_7538
Galaxy

My S3 with new display,  battery and motherboard is discharging the battery by approx 35 to 40% over 24 hours with location, heart monitoring etc on. I wear it at night and it's running 3.0.0.2. I was also given a new charger.

If it starts behaving the same way after 10 months it'll go back for warranty repair before the warranty expires.

JDee
Asteroid

@Carlos_7538wrote:

My S3 with new display,  battery and motherboard is discharging the battery by approx 35 to 40% over 24 hours with location, heart monitoring etc on. I wear it at night and it's running 3.0.0.2. I was also given a new charger.

If it starts behaving the same way after 10 months it'll go back for warranty repair before the warranty expires.

Is this with AOD on?