cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlos_7538
Galaxy

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

No AOD is OFF. In fact I've noticed since upgrading to 3.0.0.2 gesture detection is either off or not working 

userWJfBanBoxO
Constellation

I'm having similar issues with my S3 after the latest update.  The battery drains rapidly.  Possibly a memory leak issue. I also noticed that the weather app had an update today.

Glmfonseca
Constellation

After installing the weather app the battery started draining again.
jimZon
Constellation

Yeah, about the same for me. Maybe a little less than two days. My watch is useless now. It has battery life as a Apple Watch. Smiley Sad 

Carlos_7538
Galaxy

I think you all have a battery, charger or mainboard issue.

I have 3.0.0.2 and it's 2.5 days minimum

userEJbaRDpRFZ
Constellation

What Health version is installed on watch? My version is  4.1.3909 and the battery drain is more than 30 percent per day only for Health.

Carlos_7538
Galaxy

Same version as yours, I have disabled power optimisation. I took my watch off the charger 14 minutes ago and Samsung gear is telling me it's used 34% of battery since last charged.

Watch is still at an indicated SOC of 100%,  so I assume that 34% is 34% of 0.5% of battery discharge since putting it on 18 mins and 44 seconds ago.

KevinP
Constellation

You are clearly wrong! 

There is a pages of posts all over the net concerning this issue. 

Read my friend.

userYwksoTVUWJ
Constellation

Add another user to the list of poor battery performance. The watch is only a day old and I mistakenly did the update to 3.0.1. Dead by lunch on first day of use. 

usernQq3M9xfjI
Constellation

If you updated your Gear S3 I really suggest wiping it, clearing the bluetooth connection from your phone, clearing the samsung health app storage cache and program data and un-install it as well as the Gear app.

Start over from scratch, it really doesn't take very long.

After you finish and start over from scratch, make sure you get all the notifications turned off you don't need like sitting still alerts, leaving on the important ones like phone calls, texts, emails and then turn off all the monitors in samsung health, heart rate, running, biking etc...  Turn off the wifi, turn the sound volume down a bit, turn the brightness down as well (you can easily go down half way and it is still plenty bright).  I also turn off the wake on wrist movement and wake on bezel movement and turn off the SVoice listen.  I activate SVoice with the bottom button on the watch "press twice".  I use SVoice a lot.  I like starting with everything turned off to see how it performs and then go from there.

This watch in stock form out of the box connecting to Galaxy S7 edge phone and not adjusting any settings gets you about 3 days use "turning it off at night" with the original software that came on the watch.  I have a feeling with the updated software it would be even worse.  You can drastically improve battery life going through the settings and making adjustments like I mention above and make the watch a lot better in my opinion.