cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userey3R7nJjbi
Cosmic Ray

Re: Gear S3 Frontier Tizen 3.0 Battery Drain

Really, start over from scratch? You missed the most important aspect!  DO NOT buy Samsung Gear S3 until Samsung fixes it (Tizen 3.0 battery drain that is)! What is the difference between the slimmed down functionality you describe and a $ 10.00 fake Rolex from China Town? Stand your ground and demand that you get all and full functionality of a piece of junk for which you paid hundreds of dollars!

usernQq3M9xfjI
Constellation

I personally love the Gear S3.  I fixed my battery drain issue myself.  All back to normal like it was with the old software but now better with Tizen.

I started with a Gear 2 NEO and switched to the Gear S3 to get wireless charging and a much nicer traditional looking watch.  I like the new features with the Tizen update.  It did suck to have to wipe and start from scratch but I didn't lose any data and I wasn't hurt by it in any way and it took 15 minutes.  I actually got to explore and learn about the new settings and features.

I personally just want a watch that tells me the time, date and have a stop watch/timer just like I have always had.  I love the fact that you can see weather, calendar, altimeter/barometer talk on the phone, text, step count, change and build watch faces and a million other things.  I don't need the watch to take my heart rate, be blinding bright, figure out if I am riding a bike, climbing stairs, on an exersize machine, turn on ever time I move my arm or let me know when I am not moving.  If I do need that stuff it is nice it there I guess.  Why it all has to be on and active is strange to me as well.

I wish all the features were off and you decided what to turn on.  90% of people don't even understand how the watch works anyway or what the difference between LTE and Wifi are on the watch.  I personally always have my phone and just want my watch to bluetooth to my phone and go off if I walk away from my phone.

I guess it is good Samsung loads the watch up, turns everything on, full brightness, full volume and says it lasts 2 days on battery.  I am surprised there isn't a GPS on it set to ON so that radio can burn through battery while your inside unable to reach satelites.   I didn't purchase a Gear S3 for quite a while until I started supporting them for other people and found after I set them up they were going a lot longer on battery than Samsung said they would go.

HYW
Asteroid

Just updated to 3.0, looks the same but worse battery... I seem to be seeing 10% / hour currently
userzO5OQYKNmK
Constellation

How do you change that ?

Thanks

userMq4sOEJ0th
Constellation

Let me assure you that there are many of us who have been negatively impacted. Just becauser you have not doesn't mean it is not real. It has made my watch unusable - I used to get at least two days -- today I have gone from 100% to less than 20% in about 6 hours.

escenkay
Constellation

The new battery update may address your issue. Honestly, even after the the original 3.0 update, I didn't notice a drastic dip in battery performance. But I had some UI lag issues which bothered me.

I got the recent battery update (R760XXU2CQL1) on Monday and began using it Tuesday. After a full charge and full day of use (typical notifications and a few calls), my battery was at 76% before I put it on the charger again at night. I've also noticed the UI lag is gone and the software runs incredibly smooth. Hope the new update helps your situation.
usere5JX0MX39O
Astronaut

I am also having an issue.  I plan to reset my watch yo original and see if it still has the issue

userIAo3rCAK2I
Constellation

You work for Samsung?   If you use the same features no matter what they are and battery drain is faster,  it didn't work as we were told!  People aren't stupid so doubt ask about what features they are using..   

Landmark65
Constellation

Absolute rubbish watch I have ever owned. Had my battery replaced twice, mother board replaced once. Now I have a ok battery life (1.5% loss per hour) BUT now I have no notifications when calls or messages come through? Paid for the first Repair after all the other battery and motherboard replacements and one day later, no notifications again. I'm back to wearing my reliable but now obsolete Pebble Steel watch and it works seamlessly with my current Note 8. I've asked to see the Manager of Samsung Customer Service Repair when I collect my So-called repaired phone in a few days. Something must be done to this crappy watch to fix the numerous bugs.
Carlos_7538
Galaxy

Picked up my S3 on Saturday after it had a brand new motherboard,  battery, display and watch back fitted,  the battery life has jumped from approx 12 hours to a forecasted 32 hours.

We'll see how it pans out over the coming weeks, still experiencing the WiFi settings issue. I'm due to replace my phone with another Sim free phone and I have both the note 8 and s9+ on my shortlist,  but quite frankly the problems people are having with the S3 and S9 and the issues with this watch I'd be pretty stupid to give more money to Samsung.