JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Frontier and iPhone: missing notifications

(Topic created: 10-17-2018 07:09 PM)
userNGT55OgDpi
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have a Gear S3 Frontier paired with an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.2.5.

Unfortunately, not all notifications seem to find their way to the watch. Some of them do (for instance calendar notifications, or notification from my local commutter app), others don't (for instance Whatsapp or texts).

I cannot see any configuration difference on the phone between the applications which work and those which don't: their notification settings seem to be the same. 

Needless to say that I don't have blocked any application on the watch. 

Any hint ? What are the notification setting needed on the iPhone to make sure a notification is forwarded on the watch ? 

Thanks for your help. 

PS: This new message form doesn't take "Gear S3" as a label ... 

20 Replies
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

from the gear manager, did you turn all on the notification?

0 Likes
userNGT55OgDpi
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes, I did. 

0 Likes
Solution
userNGT55OgDpi
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I finally found the solution. To receive notifications, the "Show in History" setting needs to be "On" in "Settings"/"Notifications"/App Name on the Phone.

As a side note, the watch doesn't honor the "Show Preview" settings : previews are always displayed on the watch.

userswdK02YCXO
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi, i just got this smartwatch and a day after i bought the notifications are not showing, i have to turn off BT and turn it back on in order to get the messages on the watch. after that, it just doesnt show anymore again. its super frustrating. i have all notifications showing on the phone app so i just dont understand whats going on. any help?

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Is your unit up to date?

0 Likes
userFfoK1LaGTa
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Got it last night. All notifications are showing up except messaging. I tried all above steps and everything is up to date. Any ideas?

0 Likes
usermDzvrsalmM
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

in the same boat. Got Gear 3 last night, paired with Iphone 5, running on iOS 11. All notifications are there, but texts are not coming through.  If that cant be done, this watch is useless to me

0 Likes
usermQgzt1N1XF
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Even I am facing the same on my android(oneplus5)

0 Likes
user1F669FvQzo
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I think I posted this in the wrong thread before, so I’m posting it here.

I have found /A/ solution for the iOS NOTIFICATION issue only. This may not work for everyone but it worked for me: 

Go into Settings>Notifications>Messages and ensure everything is set to the following (because I’m not sure which change made it work):

Allow notifications: on

Alerts: Notification center

Banner style: Temporary

Sounds: *your sound*

Badges: On

Show previews: When unlocked 

Notification grouping: By app

i think the last one is the most important.