JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Frontier and iPhone: missing notifications

(Topic created: 02-07-2018 10:39 AM)
userNGT55OgDpi
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have a Gear S3 Frontier paired with an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.2.5.

Unfortunately, not all notifications seem to find their way to the watch. Some of them do (for instance calendar notifications, or notification from my local commutter app), others don't (for instance Whatsapp or texts).

I cannot see any configuration difference on the phone between the applications which work and those which don't: their notification settings seem to be the same. 

Needless to say that I don't have blocked any application on the watch. 

Any hint ? What are the notification setting needed on the iPhone to make sure a notification is forwarded on the watch ? 

Thanks for your help. 

PS: This new message form doesn't take "Gear S3" as a label ... 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userqqGG1HNESd
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have followed all directions   still not able to recieve text notifications to samsung 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Please see this link for compatibility.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user1cZCsSD3Z7
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I just followed these settings exactly and it worked!

Thank you

0 Likes
userFegKYny2OZ
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

THIS WORKS!! I've been trying to figure this out for two days!!! Thank you!!

0 Likes
userfkfhaJdJVR
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Same issue is with me. My watch is one day old and text notifications are just stopped coming. I have checked settings in phone but Settings"/"Notifications"/App Name on the Phone does not exist there.
Hence problem is still on hand.
0 Likes
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@userfkfhaJdJVR: Can I get the full model number and current software version of your device? 

0 Likes
userfkfhaJdJVR
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Are you going to help or Should I return the watch!!! You need to undrstand it is useless to keep ths watch without notifications.

0 Likes
userfkfhaJdJVR
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Sorted out issue my self. I was using Oneplus and for some reason OP uses a lot of optimizations in display and battery etc. Just removed the optimizations on phone and notifications are appearing as per settings.
0 Likes
userf6w9rabikx
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

How to get notification from whatsApp on gear s3 from an iphone 11?

0 Likes
usertkf7bVEV3X
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

In the gear app on my phone. Setting blocked notifications, messages was turned off for me. 

0 Likes