cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stelop2019
Constellation

Gear S3 Frontier charges but doesn't stay powered on?

My Samsung Gear S3 Frontier watch has never worked well...since the day I purchased it, I've always had to charge it overnight and only get about 2-hours use/wear before zero battery? Now it charges, turns on, and then auto-turns off and is unusable. I paid full retail $350+ and wish it worked? 

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S3 Frontier charges but doesn't stay powered on?

Are you using the original charger that came with the watch? Have you tried resetting your watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Teddie1490
Constellation

Hey I'm having the same problem and it wouldnt stay on for me to reset it and I charge it and it wont even turn on now

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Teddie1490 I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

EDAUG
Constellation

Same issue. Charges but drains fast an ddc shuts off. About 2 hours. Powers on only to shut off immediately. When put back on charger it shows 80+ % already on charge. Seems to be something in the watch software. Have reset. Reinstall and still the same. Remove most everything. Still the same. Turned of BT. Still the same. So now I do without.

And none can seem to help or acknowledge and Samsung software issue.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

userbegVT0RpUg
Constellation

I had this problem as well. It seems one of the updates to Tver 3x caused this.  Tver 4.0.0.4 fixed this, but my battery was gone.  Ordered a new battery on amazon for $18 and the watch is like new now with battery life for over 1 day.  Samsung needs to reimburse everyone for the cost of the battery at a minimum just like Apple did years back.