cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpark44
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 Frontier in cradle Charges to Full then drains or is not charging to Full

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Moving the charger to a different outlet fixed it. I used the same cable. Not sure what caused this change but it looks like the watch is charging and staying at 100% when I take it off the cradle in the morning again. Thanks!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello @DameDigital01 Out of curiosity, have you tried the...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @DameDigital01

Out of curiosity, have you tried the suggestion here in this thread that has helped others?

Moving the charger to a different outlet fixed it. I used the same cable. Not sure what caused this change but it looks like the watch is charging and staying at 100% when I take it off the cradle in the morning again. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userlKn3J4WZKO
Astronaut

Re: Hello @DameDigital01 Out of curiosity, have you tried the...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I put my S3 Classic on charge overnight and in the morning get 78-82% charge, if I turn off the power and turn back on again it starts charging again to 100% so it seems to be be draining which suggestsbits an issue with the latest update.

user07ZqM8Tf00
Constellation

Re: Hello @DameDigital01 Out of curiosity, have you tried the...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. This morning I wake up with 4%. I have noticed that it seems to charge properly if you disable always on watch face.

userznxNyAk6K5
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier in cradle Charges to Full then drains or is not charging to Full

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will try this, as I have the same problem with my Gear S3 Classic - but it really makes no sence. I am using the supplied charger.

userPugNUZZzhG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why in the world is this the solution!

3.x2 obviously has caused the issue.  I have two s3's.  My wife is on 3.x1 I'm on 3.x2.  Her's charges fully.  Mine stopped after 3.x2.  You don't have to be an egineer to see that changing the cables will not help.  Note: I did attempt to charge my watch on my wifes cradel with no help at all.

My easy solution is to take the watch back for replacement.  After samsung shell's out a ton of money for replacements, I'm sure they may do a better job of regression testing and informing the public.

SammySam1981
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Not a solution, this didnt work for me
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If all troubleshooting has failed, This type of issue will need to be addressed by having the unit serviced. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

userZKDhoRYMlP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How could this become a solution? Meaning you samsung people don't know what exactly is going on. As i read in this forum, this kind of symptom has become a major issue. Not just one or two people experience it. So please, you find out what the issue is. Or if you've already known, then let us here know. Not just simply advising us to see the service center.

Note: i exactly have the same issue as people here are experiencing. Battery not fully charged to 100%. Stops at 92-93%

userpJaeGTN9cf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Totally agree. I am having the same issue. The battery also drains pretty fast when I am not connected to my phone.