cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Gear S3 Frontier in cradle Charges to Full then drains or is not charging to Full

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After the 3.0 update, in the morning I've noticed by watch is not fully charged. I typically place the watch on the cradle when I get home around 5pm so it sits on the cradle for about 12 hours. Before the update, it was always at 100% when I took it off the cradle. Since then, it is either charging to full, stops trickle charging, and slowly drains, which I believe the the most likely, OR it's not charging to full.

Anyone else having this issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Gear S3 Frontier in cradle Charges to Full then drains or is not charging to Full

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much for providing some specifics about your device, @dpark44, I'm monitoring a S3 Frontier right now to see if it charges fully. Have you attempted to use another MicroUSB cable?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Gear S3 Frontier in cradle Charges to Full then drains or is not charging to Full

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are doing well, @dpark44. I just wanted to see if you could share a bit more information about your device to see if others are seeing this exact difficulty while charging their devices.

• Model Number
  • Software Version

You can find this information in Settings > Gear Info.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Thanks for following up. I have an Gear S3 Frontier.

Model #: SM-R765A

Software version: R765AUCU2CQL1

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks so much for providing some specifics about your device, @dpark44, I'm monitoring a S3 Frontier right now to see if it charges fully. Have you attempted to use another MicroUSB cable?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have swapped the Micro-USB previously but I'll try yet another cable and move the charger to a different outlet this weekend and see if any of those help. 

I assume other people aren't having problems with this? 

Should the S3 Frontier trickle charge while in the cradle? What is the normal behavior on the 3.0 update?

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it seems to hold a stable charge at 100% while on the cradle. If you would like to look into repair options, you can reach out to me in a private message and I'll be happy to see what options we have for your device.

Do you have anyway that you can attempt to use someone else's charger? I would like to see if this is your device or your charger causing this behavior.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im  having the same issue... I never my watch charging overnight and in the morning, I will have anywhere between 84 and 96 percent charged... At times, I get 100 percent... It makes a difference bc if I go for a run and listen to music via Bluetooth, I won't make it through the day... I will try to change the outlet to see if that works. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You might also want to checkout this Link for reduced battery life troubleshooting tips!

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, just checking in. Do you still need help with this?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLarryK Hello,  the charging station has a green light, upon removing the watch from the dock, the battery on the watch showed 96%.  Not sure why this is happening.