cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier in cradle Charges to Full then drains or is not charging to Full

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I did. My battery was at 4% again this morning. It wasn't like this before the update.

Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Gear S3 Frontier in cradle Charges to Full then drains or is not charging to Full

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@faintflicker: Can I get the following information?

Model Number

Software Version

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. My gear s3 charges to 84% overnight green light on  then I put it back on the charger to get it up to 100% but by the end of the day it's back to 20-30% sometimes it will go into power saving mode.  Before the charge would last 2-4 days depending on my activity. I am using the same cradle and USB cable that came with it and never had any problems before 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0hhYfTLHUw; Were you able to give the troubleshooting steps provided in the thread a try? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried the troubleshooting tips, but they did not work, I still have the same problem, not fully charging even after being on the charger overnight, also the gear s3 gets very hot now while charging

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get your full model number and software version?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got the same problem after upgrading to tizen 3.0.0.2 on my two month old gear s3 frontier. It gets really hot, and the crade glows green, but when i take it of its only 87-97%

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello,

I have also noticed that my Gear S3 will not fully charge. Light stays red and will not charge past 80%. This was all after the previous upgrade. I am using original charging dock, USB cable and power cord.

Model - SM-R765A
Software Version - R765AUCU2CRC4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the troubleshooting steps mentioned above does not help, then  I would recommend having a service technician take a look into this. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. Please keep us updated.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.