JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Frontier in cradle Charges to Full then drains or is not charging to Full

(Topic created on: 2/21/18 7:44 AM)
dpark44
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

After the 3.0 update, in the morning I've noticed by watch is not fully charged. I typically place the watch on the cradle when I get home around 5pm so it sits on the cradle for about 12 hours. Before the update, it was always at 100% when I took it off the cradle. Since then, it is either charging to full, stops trickle charging, and slowly drains, which I believe the the most likely, OR it's not charging to full.

Anyone else having this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
65 Replies
faintflicker
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes I did. My battery was at 4% again this morning. It wasn't like this before the update.

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Supernova
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@faintflicker: Can I get the following information?

Model Number

Software Version

0 Likes
user0hhYfTLHUw
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same issue. My gear s3 charges to 84% overnight green light on  then I put it back on the charger to get it up to 100% but by the end of the day it's back to 20-30% sometimes it will go into power saving mode.  Before the charge would last 2-4 days depending on my activity. I am using the same cradle and USB cable that came with it and never had any problems before 

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@user0hhYfTLHUw; Were you able to give the troubleshooting steps provided in the thread a try? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user0hhYfTLHUw
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I tried the troubleshooting tips, but they did not work, I still have the same problem, not fully charging even after being on the charger overnight, also the gear s3 gets very hot now while charging

SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Can I get your full model number and software version?

0 Likes
userMfRHl73Dh4
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I've got the same problem after upgrading to tizen 3.0.0.2 on my two month old gear s3 frontier. It gets really hot, and the crade glows green, but when i take it of its only 87-97%

Genoiv
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Hello,

I have also noticed that my Gear S3 will not fully charge. Light stays red and will not charge past 80%. This was all after the previous upgrade. I am using original charging dock, USB cable and power cord.

Model - SM-R765A
Software Version - R765AUCU2CRC4
0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

If the troubleshooting steps mentioned above does not help, then  I would recommend having a service technician take a look into this. 

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you. Please keep us updated.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes