cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GalaxyQuest
Constellation

Gear S3 Frontier not charging

2 days ago when I got home from work I noticed my gear S3 was off, which isn't unusual as some days the battery drains faster than others. BUT when I put it on my charger, about 2 min into the charge, the base began blinking red, not the solid red light that usually denotes charging. Now it seems my watch won't charge at all. Not sure if I need another new base (this would be the third one in three years to go bad) or if my watch is a goner. Any help is appreciated, I feel so...... So..... Naked without my watch on, and it's the only way I can keep in touch with anyone while I'm at work!!!

Thank you!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
usertejyukPO73
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier not charging

Have exactly the same issue out of blue. Please help if you resolve it somehow.

useriTVmxOrITo
Constellation

I was having the same issue and buying a new charger did not solve the problem.

usercY62qapvS5
Constellation

I have the same issue. Out of the blue. I put it on the cradle and the light blinks red. So frustrating. 

userVXnEjQwBQS
Constellation

I've had my gear s3 since its release. It worked fine for a while. Got a software update and it started having charging problems...would only charge to 83%. Long story short, it died and then i got the blinking red light and couldn't get it to turn on because it was dead...could not figure out what the problem was so I gave up and put it in the drawer for probably about 6 months. Fast forward...I saw it and figured what the heck so I put it on the charger just for grins...low and behold it charged to 100%. So I reset it and started over....worked fine for about 2 months and it started doing it again...gave up for about 4 months...still was doing it..read some forums...tried turning the buttons down on the charger, etc. Saw one trick of rubbing alcohol on back and charger...giggled and thought this is stupid but tried it anyways. So far its working...no lie. Not touching it till its 100%

Highlighted
userfE8RbfPvZF
Constellation

I have the same issue. All of my family have galaxy phones and gear watches but watches have the same issue now and it's very frustrating.

The watch turned on and off immediately itself even the watch shows 73% on the charger. So i cannot do factory reset. 

We wonder if we should change all watches to Apple. 

I think the problem started from the latest update. All passed warranty.(one and half year) I am considering to buy apple watch. If Apple can be used on galaxy watches then I will switch. I CANNOT TRUST SAMSUNG BATTERY! We had the same charging issue with samsung tablets (note 8, tab 4) before and we all changed to ipad. Now it's time for watches. Too sad.