cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrAndromeda
Asteroid

Gear S3 Frontier not tracking activity after One UI update

So I've sent feedback twice now through this app since I've been having workout tracking problems after receiving the One UI update for my S3 Frontier. Figured I'd make a community post to get some sort of response. Screenshots are attached which will explain the problem. In short, my watch isn't tracking my workouts even after I log them in, but the Samsung Health app shows them. Also, when I do an activity like walking or running, the GPS icon will normally flash a few times then I get a vibration from the watch and an alert saying GPS located or something. Two days ago that stopped, and now the GPS icon simply flashes without the haptic feedback and the notification. But, the workout still shows my route.

Any ideas on a fix for this? Things were fine pre-One UI. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
userK4CqtOhaPk
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier not tracking activity after One UI update

I am having exactly the same issue, just noticed it tonight.1572485285232144452315011450730.jpgExercise tracked in log

15724854362711542890442417346253.jpgZero min tracked

ChuckT
Asteroid

I'm having the same problem. The watch works to track the work outside both automatically and manually. They show up in the exercise log but the workout portion of the heart shows no workout time recorded and the app says no data. It seems like a data sync problem within the software. I've reset my watch which has worked in the past but not this time. My wife says this doesn't happen with her apple watch and I should switch but I prefer Samsung's design. Please fix this.

userYfhAcjpGyd
Constellation

I am experiencing the same.

@ChuckT wrote:

I'm having the same problem. The watch works to track the work outside both automatically and manually. They show up in the exercise log but the workout portion of the heart shows no workout time recorded and the app says no data. It seems like a data sync problem within the software. I've reset my watch which has worked in the past but not this time. My wife says this doesn't happen with her apple watch and I should switch but I prefer Samsung's design. Please fix this.

ChuckT
Asteroid

I downloaded the gear update last week and it seems to have fixed the problem. Try updating the app on your phone. It is too bad it took so long but I hope this works for you, too!