cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Gear S3 Frontier performing poorly after R765VVRU1DTE1 update

My Gear S3 Frontier has become almost unusable, as a watch, since this latest update. 

Some of the problems I'm seeing now are:

• The Wake-up gesture rarely works now.
  • I can't get the watch to actually wake up most of the time.  Wake-up gestures, button presses, bezel turns and screen touch have no affect, the screen remains dark.  Eventually the screen turns on after 5 to 10 seconds but the UI and buttons are either very slow or unresponsive altogehter.
  • The screen randonly flashed all white (as if I'm using a flashlight app). 

It's almost like it's going into some kind of sleep mode that it has trouble waking up from.  Eventually it will fully "wake up" and it seems very responce with all the UI and apps working correctly.

I am using a stock Samsung watchface.

Restarting does not help.

I have not tried a factory reset as I was hoping to avoid this.

This is the update that occured around June 9th, 2020.  The software version showning on my watch is R765VVRU1DTE1.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier performing poorly after R765VVRU1DTE1 update

I had to factory reset my S3. I originally got really poor battery performance after the previous update and after a while and a couple of resets my battery performance on the S3 was great again came back to 3 days. However since this Bixby update and whatever happened the last month I get about half a day out of my watch again with everything turned off. I'm really getting fed up with Samsung. Watch has a brand new battery and has been to Samsung 2x to resolve this.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier performing poorly after R765VVRU1DTE1 update

I finally had enough and did a reset.  The reset seems to have solved the problem.  It operates normally now.

I really like this watch, I just which it wasn't a contant struggle to keep it working after each update!