cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Gear S3 Frontier "No data to back up" Message

Since the recent Firmware update (Some time in April'20), the Back up feature of my gear S3 watch is not working. It keeps saying No Data to backup. Autoback up feature isn;t working either.  I had this watch for nearly 2 years and did not face this isssue anytime earlier. Wondering if it is a purposeful cheap tactics by Samsung break older models and to force users to buy new devices !!!.

nhiyy4cb00451.png

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S3 Frontier "No data to back up" Message

Hello,

Have you manually tried backing up your watch? I would recommend trying that step and see if you can reset the watch.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes. I did try it manually. The screenshot with "No Data to Back up" I shared above is after I tried to back it up manually.  Also, I am also unable to find any of my previous backups when I click Restore (which I have no idea how it disappeareed), so I am afraid to reset the watch as I may lose all the app settings and Apps if I can't restore.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Did you still need help with your issue?

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am reluctant to do a reset as data loss is a possibility. Can you please let me know the 3rd Party back up option?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can try these steps provided through the T-Mobile site. Keep in mind that some screens may be different. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/android/samsung-gear-s3/backup-and-restore-samsung-gear-3-f...

Please let me know if this helps!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming this.

Regretfully a reset would be our next recommendation before repairs. I should mention, that in repairs the device would be wiped anyways by the technicians. Should you need repairs you can send us a private message here: http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

You also have an option to download third-party software to back-up with, if you are interested in going that route.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am reluctant to do a reset as data loss is a possibility. Can you please let me know the 3rd Party back up option?

Highlighted
Constellation

Same exact problem with Gear Sport since Tizen update to 4.0.0.7, One UI version 1.5

Looks like a bug.

I hope Samsung fixes it soon.

Highlighted
Constellation

@userbJBt51COwJ wrote:

Same exact problem with Gear Sport since Tizen update to 4.0.0.7, One UI version 1.5

Looks like a bug.

I hope Samsung fixes it soon.

Today, after getting the June 1st update to my S9+ phone, backup data came back and I could do a manual backup.

I will follow to see if automatic backup works again.

Edit: Automatic backup works as well.