cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
YoS10plus
Asteroid

Gear S3 Frontier repeated Bluetooth disconnects.

I've had my Gear S3 for a couple years. For as long as I can remember, the watch repeatedly disconnects from Bluetooth and reconnects within a few seconds.

This happens all the time. 4-5 times a day. 

I know when it happens because the watch vibrates to notify me that it has disconnected. 

Last year I filed a case with Samsung because the watch disconnected and would randomly wipe my credit card from Samsung Pay. 

Samsungs response....I had the watch paired to an LG V20 and all the features would not work correctly. DESPITE the LG V20 being an approved compatible device on THEIR list. Okay. I accepted their horrible support advice.

So to fix my situation, I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S10+. Now, the world would be perfect. Samsung phone, Samsung watch...... Nope. 

The S3 Frontier and the Galaxy S10plus Still repeatedly disconnect from Bluetooth. ALL THE TIME. 

I can almost tolerate it but the stupid watch disconnects while sitting on the charger on my night stand at night. So I wake up a few times a night to the sound of a vibration notification from the watch only to see that the Bluetooth has disconnected and reconnected.

I have DO NOT DISTURB on, but Bluetooth disconnects do NOT follow the Do Not Disturb.

My wife also has a Gear S3 and an S10 regular and hers does the same thing. 

I see that there are MANY MANY people out there whose S3s also repeatedly disconnect.

Is there any fix, solution, patch, ANYTHING IN THE WORKS? How can they literally not give a darn about their products. 

For the record, we've done a network reset, unpairs, re-paired, factory reset, held a tin foil hat and prayed to the electronics gods. You name all the stupid level 1 trouble shooting tips that their call center will tell you to do, it's been done.

Is there a solution in the works? 

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S3 Frontier repeated Bluetooth disconnects.

Can I have your full model code, serial number, and IMEI number (if LTE) via private message?

YoS10plus
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 Frontier repeated Bluetooth disconnects.

@SamsungLarry wrote:

Can I have your full model code, serial number, and IMEI number (if LTE) via private message?

Sent.