JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Sudden Battery Drain - January 2020 Update

(Topic created on: 8/24/20 1:42 PM)
userIWo8CP83R8
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Has anyone else experianced sudden drop in batery life with their Gear S3 since the January 2020 update.

My watch used to last a day and a half easy with always on display on but these days it won't go a full day with the battery optimised.

Is it the update that has caused these issues or has the battery just dies?

I've had the watch 2 years or so and I have never had these issues before.

userzLjWjQMuay
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I let my battery drain and i noticed it was stuck on 4% for a long time (over an hour). I have a feeling after the update there was miscalibritation between the battery and the percentage it showed.

after letting it drain to 0 and recharging it its seems to have fixed the issue.

FabianV
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I don't understand why Samsung is not saying a word on this issue. This is not new, have had a few bad experiences with Samsung lately. They seem to take customers for granted. I'm done with Samsung at this point. Just started with an LG TV, my phone is next and the watch at this point seems to be in line to be the next. That will pretty much divorce me from Samsung.

userqtxK7H5TwG
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Been good on that update, but suddendly last week [8.17.20] it's started acting up something bad.  Screen goes black, won't wake up without restarting.. but then noticed battery at 7%.  Had been on charger all night.   I may try your trick of letting it go totally dead.  Might also be time for new battery.  Last resort there. 

userqtxK7H5TwG
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

well, just figured mine out.  I had changed watch faces last week.   Changed it back earlier and now things are working normal.   Some faces just don't work good.   That one was a power hog.. BAD!

usery6INFBF4lS
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I'm just noticing mine it doesn't last a day samsung 8 I wish there was some resolution to this 9/01/20
userPPOMgpoZGT
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Have the same issue with my two year old g3 watch. Only recently the battery has been dying after just a few hours. A few days ago it didn't even charge on the charger so I thought I was seating it carelessly. However, these last few days I have paid close attention to placing it on the charger and confirming 100% charge when I remove it. Something is sucking the life out of it now.

Metalkat
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

UPDATE: I'm having the same issue and I tried all the tips (even replace battery) in this thread a couple times for my S3 Classic. I decided to try the Text Support Feature "text SMSCARE to 62913" and got a reply right away. After going through all the troubleshooting steps I gave the support agent a link to this thread and mentioned no one at Samsung was helping. The support agent then said "there might be an issue with the software or hardware and the watch needs to be sent in for repair". I am now getting a ticket number to send it in, not sure of any costs yet but I will post more as I find out.

FYI the agent that is helping me is "Deepak Man" and is being very helpful so I do want to throw kudos their way for that.

Metalkat
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Another Quick Update: Got my repair ticket number and a 800 number to call for the repair. They checked my warranty status and of course I was out of warranty so the standard repair cost was $81 but it wasn't guaranteed it wouldn't be more. I then expressed my frustration that this wasn't an user issue it was something Samsung did in an update, I also referred to this forum again and expressed everyone's frustration and Samsung didn't seem to care. I then asked to speak to a supervisor because I wasn't happy with the results. The agent was happy to get a supervisor but that never materialized, instead the agent came back with the approval to give me 50% off the repair. At this point was ok with with paying $40.50 to get my $500 watch working again, plus I spent well over an hour doing all this. My only other options are to get $150 trade in towards another S3 that costs $600 or quit now and take the loss. I am now waiting to get a call back to pay the $40.50 with a credit card and receive the ship to address. More to come...

0 Likes
Metalkat
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Received my pre-paid shipping label after suppling a credit card to pre-charge the $40.50. They said 5-7 business to turn it around, you can also check your order status by logging in. I will repost results when I receive the watch back.

0 Likes
artyfreak2010
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
curious to see what happens. my watch just started this as well
0 Likes