JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 Sudden Battery Drain - January 2020 Update

(Topic created on: 2/6/20 4:23 PM)
userIWo8CP83R8
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Has anyone else experianced sudden drop in batery life with their Gear S3 since the January 2020 update.

My watch used to last a day and a half easy with always on display on but these days it won't go a full day with the battery optimised.

Is it the update that has caused these issues or has the battery just dies?

I've had the watch 2 years or so and I have never had these issues before.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
20 Replies
Metalkat
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Just got my watch back on Monday 2/22. Of course it was factory reset and the battery was at 17% so I charged it over night. After pairing it to my phone this morning I immediately noticed the app icons have a "new appearance" and functionality. This tells me there was some kind of OS update, maybe a new OS that's on the newer S3 watches? I installed my most "battery intensive face" that I had previously purchased and headed to work today. After a 10 hour day I still have 70% battery and no shutting off! I'm going to leave it on all night (no charging) and go to work tomorrow and see how it does. The repair invoice showed a new battery and then two other cryptic items that are probably the new OS and other updating. I will report back how it goes this week but it already is working like it is new again, so I am encouraged that it is fixed.

0 Likes