JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 - Why can't I silence the alarm?!

(Topic created: 02-01-2019 12:03 PM)
userwFXSbjsgMG
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi all,

I've got a weird problem when trying to set an alarm, I don't seem to have the option to set it to vibrate only, it always seems to have sound! 

When setting an alarm there is 3 screens indicated by the 3 dots at the top, the first is for setting the time, the second is for setting the days and I presume the 3rd is for setting sound and vibrate functions, however, on mine there is no 'next' option after the 2nd screen only 'save'!

Has anyone else encountered this? Any idea how I can fix it?

8 Replies
Solution
userR1uciiLpj0
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
You can swipe the screen to the left and get over to the setting screen.
Good Luck!
userD8rL8LTPy3
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks   

0 Likes
useruXGcZleQwP
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

This worked.  It seems so stupid that there isn't a "Next" option like for the screen DIRECTLY before it when you're setting your alarm.  You can see the little dot at the top indicating there's another screen of options for alarm setting, but "Save" is the only option listed, rather than "Next".  Big Fail, Samsung.

Thanks for your solution of just swiping with your finger, though, userR1...

0 Likes
userzxa6umwTln
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the exact same problem with the new Samsung galaxy watch but the proposed solution does not work on the galaxy watch. 

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

What type of device are you using with the galaxy watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userymve8buMGS
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the same issue, using Galaxy Watch with a Pixel 3aXL. My Gear S3 had a silent vibrate-only alarm which I loved because it only woke me up. The Galaxy Watch either has hidden this feature so cleverly I can't find it or it lacks it, which is sort of shocking since this is most certainly a feature that makes a smart watch valuable to a subset of customers. 

0 Likes
Samsung_dP9cW7e
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I know right

0 Likes
userkZm61KXqCs
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

One other solution is to install a different app for alarms in mobile and turn off all samsung system alarms.