Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPa27poSbXn
Astronaut

Gear S3 Wi-Fi connection issues after the latest update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I own Gear S3 Classic (SM-R770) and everthing worked just fine (except Samsung Pay that periodically wipes all my cards on the account) until the recent software update.

After the update (R770XXU2CRH1), my default saved Wi-Fi connection stopped working. I have a hidden network with WPA2 Personal. Now it just doesn't connect, it shows the "Connecting..." text, but after a minute or so it cancels the connection. The only workaroud I found is to re-fill the WPA2 password in the network settings of my Gear S3. This manipulation helps to successfully establish the connection.

It's quite annoying and in combination with Samsung Pay data wipe bug creates a very negative experience.

Dear Samsung, is there any chance to fix that?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MA-AS
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Wi-Fi connection issues after the latest update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The trick is to disable the "Sync Wi-Fi profiles" in your Samsung Gear App then forget/re-connect to your trusted Wi-Fi networks on your Gear S3 Watch, after that it will re-connect automatically everytime you turn your Wi-Fi on and off on your watch, I have an S3 frontier paired with a Huawei P10 LTE, I hope it works for you guys too. Cheers!

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wi-Fi connection is only available when the watch is not connected to a phone via Bluetooth. When the watch is connected via Bluetooth to a phone, the Wi-Fi network connection settings are grayed out. The Wi-Fi is no longer necessary due to the watch using the data network of the connected phone.

Note: Hidden networks may not be supported. The available settings and menu options may vary by the watch, service provider, and software version. 

From the Apps screen, touch Settings.
Touch Connections > Wi-Fi. 
Touch Wi-Fi again to turn the feature on. (Options may vary by the watch.)
Note: Turn the Wi-Fi off when not in use to decrease the battery consumption.

The watch will scan for networks in range and display them. Select the desired network to connect to.
Note: Secured networks require the network password.

The network status will show as "Connected" when complete. 
Note: If the status shows as "Saved, secure" the password entered is incorrect or there's an issue with the network. Check the password or reboot the router.

pledge77
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same Issue...

I disconnect the Bluethoot and the Wifi doesn't event if I already set the password...

It shows the "Connecting..." text, but after a minute or so it cancels the connection...

Thanks,

userlrjZofUKMA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.
any help?

userauNA6SzyQJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also experiencing this.  The only thing I've found to help to to turn off bluetooth on my phone, and then reboot the s3.  After that, it will connect to my saved connection.

I just got the watch yesterday so I wasn't sure if my watch was faulty.  It's comforting that it sounds like a software update, which hopefully gets fixed soon.

userzN33iD6JyN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I am also have the same issue. If someone found a solution please write a post. Thanks

wotan192
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Each time I need to connect to wifi I have to "forget" the saved wifi network and re-enter password. After that it works like a charm till disconnect. The watch just can't connect to saved wifi networks and this is very annoying to enrer the password each time I need wifi. I tried to disuble blertooth and reboot, it did not help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@wotan192 Have you tried factory resetting your watch using these steps here?

useruzf3JiL6eW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have the same problem. I restored the watch, and aby factory clean software the problem is the same. Any other solution?

thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?