cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLFZ4KbsUV2
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 and Outlook

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently switched from Android Wear to Samsung Galaxy Watch and had the same issue.

So here's the solution on Android phones:

1-Install Aquamail. I took the pro version, but free should work as well

2-In Aquamail, setup your O365 account

3-Make sure it's syncing by checking your emails

4-Go to your phone settings / Account: you should see your O365 account above "Aquamail (Exchange)". 

5-Open your calendar app on your phone (Google Agenda): you can now select your O365 calendar

6-Wait 5 min, the calendar will sync. 

7-Check your watch...et voilà, your calendar is synced to your watch

8-For email, allow Aquamail notifications on your watch. No need to indicate "Allow all notifications". Juste pick the ones you need including Aquamail. Disable the ones that duplicate the notifications.

Hope this helps ! Enjoy your watch !

T

userdJrsetKFHl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, please make office365 (outlook mail and calendar and contacts) accessible from the galaxy watch by an app (not just viewing notifications).  

Or, better yet, change Tizen in such a way that customers can install/run Android Wear apps.  Locking yourself into an app store with an inferior set of apps is not a path to business success...

(I recently bought a galaxy watch and hate that I cannot have gmail, outlook, google assistant, messaging apps such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp etc.  I've started looking at other Android Wear alternatives.)

userao0TEkOLS6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The lack of app support for Samsung wearables is really making me question whether to stay with the Samsung ecosystem. As much as I like Android, I am seriously considering moving to Apple, there stuff just works. It seems there is always a work around that is needed to get things to work correctly on my Gear S3 and Samsung isn't doing anything to improve the experience. I really really wanted to find a reason to upgrade my Gear S3 to the new Galaxy Watch, but there is literally no major improvements in the device to prompt me to do so (besides extended battery life). 

Highlighted
usercukm9hlJOw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Just adding that I was able to get the watch to sync two O365 accounts and a gmail account. I had to uninstall the Outlook app and use the Email program that came with the phone (Note8). As mentioned by the others on the forum ensure that the notification for Email is on and in Apps the email accounts are in there and on. A number of restarts of the phone and watch after each change helped the process along.

usercWJluSsaog
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Brilliant!

userfdPHKy4tcr
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will not be purchasing any new gear devices until there is office calendar support.  The reason behind a wearable (for me) is to  mot always have to be near my phone. 

useribxOgUIfW5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Google did it justice.  It works perfectly with android wear with no configuration.

userhpP5eW1wwG
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useribxOgUIfW5wrote:

Google did it justice.  It works perfectly with android wear with no configuration.

Coming from a Huawei watch, I have to agree.  There is a Outlook app on Android Wear, and it even shows a your appointments along the circle of your watch face.  

Samsung, please add Outlook app support:

- allow toggling of email or calendar notification separately

- allow reply on outlook email

userao0TEkOLS6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was my biggest fear going with the the Gear S3. It's Tizen OS makes it incompatible with anything in the Google Play store. 

Like everyone else here...my company (for security reasons) is forcing us to use the Outlook app. This means I can no longer sync to the native Samsung calendar; therefore, I can no longer receive calender reminders for all my meetings on my watch.

Samsung, we Need you to work with Microsoft and get a compatible Outlook app that runs on Tizen. Or, find a way to allow Android Wear 2.0 apps to run the Gear S3. I am now at the point of seriously considering moving to an Android Wear 2.0 watch (probably LG's) that has a more robust selection of meaningful apps for my watch. 

user4ttvGybU92
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just need my outlook calendar on my gear 3. I am totally surprised that this is NOT supported. So it means I buy a watch that notifies me for appointments. Only Exchange work but outlook not. Is Samsung working on a solution and when will it come ?