cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zenzero
Astronaut

Gear S3 and Outlook

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got the beauty and have squared everything away but I still can't set up email. 

I use Outlook app on S6 Edge and have hit "email" on settings in S3 menu. It gives me a prompt "not set up yet; set up?" selecting yes tells me to "check your phone."

Once in the set up page on the S6 now, no matter what I do it "forever loads". Put in my email add and pass idk g all options and it still doesnt sync up. 

Ideas? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usercukm9hlJOw
Astronaut

Re: Gear S3 and Outlook

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

Just adding that I was able to get the watch to sync two O365 accounts and a gmail account. I had to uninstall the Outlook app and use the Email program that came with the phone (Note8). As mentioned by the others on the forum ensure that the notification for Email is on and in Apps the email accounts are in there and on. A number of restarts of the phone and watch after each change helped the process along.

74 REPLIES 74
Rubik76
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You probably need to set up your email account in the Samsung client on your phone.  You can uncheck the notifications option if you don't want duplicates.

kelley5454
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

used outlook, but I changed to the email app from samsung on the phone because with outlook I could not reply to messages I could only read them. The Samsung app lets me reply.

userDUEzhbenu1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What if I wanted to still use Outlook on my phone (S7) & therefore on my S3 gear?

At the moment I haev the Samsung email notifications turned off & the watch is not updating.

Darren

user1ainPLEEnW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same question: what if I need Outlook? ... I am using office 365 with exchange. Outlook perfectly fits my needs. I would appreciate outlook supported by Gear s3 like showing agenda and direct shirt replays to messages. It's a big disappointment for me after unpacking. s3 is a good watch but now, without support for business elementary app like the outlook (even the Google calendar supported is, which i don't understand what's business like on that) i am seeking real managers watch.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey folks!

I'm more than happy to pass along this feedback. I don't know if the Gear S3 can ever truly do something like Outlook justice with it's 'smaller' brain, but who knows?! We can hope that they can work something out with that.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useryp6xbdpftX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please do, my business has switched to only allowing outlook (Office 365) so I can't use the native app. This has turned my watch into an annoying notification only device instead of an interactive device where I can respond to emails, check my calendar, or update my tasks. I know this is not a smart move by businesses like the one I work for but it seems like it's the industry trend and I would like for Samsung to recognize and support that. 

userArSdhdyWBe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

ME Too.... Our company is very security conscious and have also standardized on Outlook with o365. 

I would love to get email notificiation and interactions withoutlook on my Gear3 too.

this is a real short coming for such a great device.

-My 2 Cents

users9aUPIFhhw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually, it is a pretty smart move for a business. They need the extra security. The watch is not keeping up with the business world, not the other way around.

usernGwIZrJREf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes my company is security aware as well and the native email app is deemed not suitable in a Office 365 envirorment.  Please include support for the full Office 365 suit including Outlook ASAP.