cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfdPHKy4tcr
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 and Outlook

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have to cut ties with Samsung wear.  It is just too closed with little third party software. 

Outlook is the authorized app for mail at work. If I can' sync calendar with outlook, then I have to find another device. Hopefully Samsung will get their act together or people will find other tech partners. 

userx47MN7z9wq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One more vote for this

user17xkZe93jl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

One more vote for this. 

user3BAWAmowim
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you go to your Samsung Gear Settings on your phone, you can turn on notifications for all apps, not just Outlook.  With that, you can get the notifications for all.  I get all outlook notifications including emails with the subject.  I can't get to the body of the email, but I get the notification of that an all others, including Skype.

userKgBNTsADQm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are right this works.  Even though I already had Outlook toggled on it wasn't until I toggled "Turn all app notifications on" to on that I started receiving email & calendar notifications from outlook on the watch (Galaxy Watch not S3). The downside, now I'm getting all notifications on my watch.  Better than nothing.... Thx for the tip....

B1indSquirre1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You are completely out of luck, it is a notification only device until Samsung fixes this major short coming
user1ainPLEEnW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guys I have heard the Outlook suport for agenda won't be on S3 for ever. I do recommend you same decision I made:
step 1) chose another brand (Aple, Garmin, whatever)
step 2) share the info with other potential fools who decides to buy Samsung

My S3 goes to eBay for other naive ... whatever.

user3wJ8BJsPNN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my outlook emails syncing to Gmail.

This way I can see what's  come nd then use my phone or PC to reply.. (half a fix I know) 

This link helped me.

https://www.wikihow.com/Sync-Outlook-With-Gmail 

Now challenge is to get the calendars syncd

KuroiKaze
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay guys here is my help for this.

1. Go to outlook.office.com and share this calendar with a gmail addy.
  2. Go to the invite and open the file that's attached which contains a link to a .ics file
  3. Go to Google Calendar and add a calendar from a URL and provide the .ics link
  4. You should now see all your events in your google calendar.
  5. Make sure account is added to your Android list of accounts.
  6. Open the calendar app and make sure the account is listed on the left side.
  7. If there's a "more" expand it to reveal choice called "Calendar" and make sure it's enabled (it's not by default).
  8. Tadaa your upcoming meetings will now show on the S3 again. (Note this will also fix Webex woes)
userbIYL9dfFG6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're awesome thanks so much