JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 button stopped working

(Topic created on: 6/22/17 2:22 PM)
Alessandro
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello. I have a Gear S3 Frontier (Just one month) and The power/home button is not working. It works when it wants to. I have tried resetting but to no good. I also tried to restart but I almost couldnt turn it back on. I'm really disappointed. 

Any ideas? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey @Alessandro

Sounds like an evaluation and repair/exchange might be in order. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

99 Replies
Solution
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hey @Alessandro

Sounds like an evaluation and repair/exchange might be in order. In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864), Twitter, or even Facebook. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

pot_611
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

how did you solve it?

0 Likes
userwv9pIoNceU
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I tried this and they claimed water damage when the watch had never been wet. These watches are POS

nanopass
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Sorry but i noticed my watch doing this a couple months ago when my warranty was still valid. Unfortunately i called Tmobile and they informed me that its outside the 1yr mark. So I am SOL, I also called Samsung and they cannot even find the serial number in thier database. I guess I am stuck with a watch with a non functioning home button.

Thanks Samsung! Man Indifferent

userMDqXVYMrAP
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I am in the same boat, the button only works when it wants to and out of warranty.

MeniPoco
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same

Me too stuck with a home button that didn't working

0 Likes
userBXl1IcPzIj
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same issue - how did your fix go?

userXkJBdiz7KY
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

09/04/2017, my GS3 Frontier Lte power/home button failed as well; unknown reasons it just stopped working. I contacted tMobile and it was replaced under warranty (12-month warranty). I paid 20 dollars service fee and a new watch is shipping to a nearby store to swap out the defective watch for a new one. 

0 Likes
userwMX93mXpLr
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I found my button not depressing, and there was some crud wedged between the button head and the watch body (S3 Classic).

Cleanded it out and working perfect once again