cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: Gear S3 button stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, just checking in to see if the link provided above was helpful. 

userYybaJxtvXm
Astronaut

Re: Gear S3 Home button stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am so dissapointed in my watch with the same problem with the home button not working. I took it to Samsung at Robina Qld Au and the told me because I bought it from an Australian Web site that buys from overseas they sed that they wont even look at it to repair it. I have tried to do all the things that are mentioned above, reseting etc but nothing works. So I am stuck with it. So dissapointed and thinking of going to fair trading to act for me

useri3gVMTW6Te
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Home button stopped working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please... Why this topic is tagged as "solved"??? Is not solved at all! The power button still does not work on these devices worldwide. And so far no single word from Samsung about this software issue!
I think this is a disrespect to the consumers who bought this expensive device, trusting in that company. 

userOJP1p2m6TH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for this. I factory reset my gear s3 classic thinking this would help my home button not working. All this did was make me go through the tutorial and when it got to the "press this button" I couldn't get out of it as the button didn't work. Pressing both together made it work. 

userjU47YLEGTb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello guys, I had an issue with my Samsung Gear Frontier S3 watch. The power button stopped working when I was trying to use it to access the menu. It was not responding, so I thought turning it off and back on would help.

Then it didn't turn on! I let it sit for about a months, then finally sent it to Samsung for repair. They sent it back almost two weeks later with a paper that said "un-repairable due to liquid damage". 

I never dropped this into liquid or had liquid spilled on it. I called them to complain and they said the technician said there is liquid on the mother board. So believe it or not, while I was on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor I started searching the internet to see if any one had this same experience. I found this site and read where someone said to hold the power button down for 10 secs, and it worked! The watch is back on after not using it for about 2  months. 

Funny thing is the Samsung rep is still telling me that it cannot be repaired since there is liquid damage. You would think the technician would of tried to hold the button down for 10 secs also. This is cleary a incorrect examination about the liquid damage. 

Even though it is working I escalated to issue and am waiting for a manager to call me back within 5-7 business days. I want to see where this goes, just because they are saying there is liquid damage and it cannot be repaired by them. When it is now working and never had liquid damage. 

userOtLNxlON4u
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, after going through a factory reset that did not solve the problem, still no stand alone home button operation.    I realized that if I hit the back button at the same time as the home button, the home button works.   Seems like it means that hitting the back button allows the common ground for the home button to connect.  Try it, hit back at the same times you hit home.  I can live with this work-around

Hope this helps

userCcaXgk3f7U
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was facing the same issue. And this trick worked for me.

I pressed back and power button but together for 3-4 seconds. And it's working as if nothing has ever happened.

Thank you for the idea.

djparker17
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still do the Back + Home trick but the Home button stopped working on its own.  I can only get Home to work in combination with the Back button.  Does Samsung monitor these forums?  If so, what is the solution?  Or even just explain what is the cause? 

Thank you 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you updated the software recently?

djparker17
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I check periodically for software updates.  I get the message that I have the latest software.  So, all I have read is that folks end up sending their watches in to Samsung and the main board is replaced, or at least that is what they are told.  So what is the common issue of all these people with the same, exact problem?  How does this failure occur that apparently causes a hardware issue that allows the Home button to work while the Back button is pressed.  What physically allows that to happen?  How is this not a software issue?  Some have said they have opened their watches and "cleaned crud" from behind the button and it starts working again.  Is this possible? I am an electrical engineer and very little of what I have read as solutions or what Samsung is doing to address this issue makes any sense.