Original topic:

Gear S3 continually disconnecting from S8

(Topic created: 03-04-2019 09:49 AM)
userReNHZ6HUCW
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi all,

After a recent forced update, my Gear S3 continually disconnects and reconnects its bluetooth connection, usually I get 3 to 5 minutes then it disconnects, it often reconnects automatically.  I have read all I can on similar topics but no advice works.

I have factory reset the watch a number of times, uninstalled gear wearable and re-installed and re-Paired the watch.  It always connects then drops out a few minutes later.  I took it to the Samsung shop where they just did what I did with uninstalls etc.  I've cleared caches all over the place.  I have tested teh phone with other paired bluetooth devices which connect and stay connected until I want to switch them off.  Of course I've lost all my favourite settings and every designed watch face I ave made.

Now I have a Gear S3 that is as useful as a $10 watch.  As I have been typing it has disconnected and reconnected twice!

Any help gratefully received before the previously loved and not cheap gear S3 goes in the back of a dark drawer forever.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userReNHZ6HUCW
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi SamsungJoJo,

Thanks for the support, I have tried everything, I do not know how to get into safe mode and I have no other devices to pair my watch with.  But I have solved the problem.  I deduced it was a watch to phone bluetooth issue as I could connect the phone successfully to a bluetooth speaker.

I delved into the blutooth on my phone and found the bluetooth connection history -  Bluetooth, then details, then teh top right 3 dots then, Bluetooth control history.  In there it tells you if any apps have turned bluetooth on or off and htere I found that my trend mobile security had recently turned it on.  It appears that it had control of bluetooth.  I went into the trend app and found an option to control apps so I unchecked that.  It still controlled the bluetooth, not for the audio speaker just the watch's comunicaton with the phone via bluetooth so I have had to uninstall the Trend security, now it stays connected all day!

I now have a new problem my email app on the watch shows "no eamail" despite there being some on the phone.  I'll look that up in the forum as it's a new topic.

View solution in context

3 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello, I understand this can be very frustrating for you. Is this happening when your device is in safe mode? Also have you tried pairing your watch with another device?

0 Likes
Solution
userReNHZ6HUCW
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi SamsungJoJo,

Thanks for the support, I have tried everything, I do not know how to get into safe mode and I have no other devices to pair my watch with.  But I have solved the problem.  I deduced it was a watch to phone bluetooth issue as I could connect the phone successfully to a bluetooth speaker.

I delved into the blutooth on my phone and found the bluetooth connection history -  Bluetooth, then details, then teh top right 3 dots then, Bluetooth control history.  In there it tells you if any apps have turned bluetooth on or off and htere I found that my trend mobile security had recently turned it on.  It appears that it had control of bluetooth.  I went into the trend app and found an option to control apps so I unchecked that.  It still controlled the bluetooth, not for the audio speaker just the watch's comunicaton with the phone via bluetooth so I have had to uninstall the Trend security, now it stays connected all day!

I now have a new problem my email app on the watch shows "no eamail" despite there being some on the phone.  I'll look that up in the forum as it's a new topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Great! We're glad to hear you were able to figure this out. 

0 Likes