Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userReNHZ6HUCW
Asteroid

Gear S3 continually disconnecting from S8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

After a recent forced update, my Gear S3 continually disconnects and reconnects its bluetooth connection, usually I get 3 to 5 minutes then it disconnects, it often reconnects automatically.  I have read all I can on similar topics but no advice works.

I have factory reset the watch a number of times, uninstalled gear wearable and re-installed and re-Paired the watch.  It always connects then drops out a few minutes later.  I took it to the Samsung shop where they just did what I did with uninstalls etc.  I've cleared caches all over the place.  I have tested teh phone with other paired bluetooth devices which connect and stay connected until I want to switch them off.  Of course I've lost all my favourite settings and every designed watch face I ave made.

Now I have a Gear S3 that is as useful as a $10 watch.  As I have been typing it has disconnected and reconnected twice!

Any help gratefully received before the previously loved and not cheap gear S3 goes in the back of a dark drawer forever.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userReNHZ6HUCW
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 continually disconnecting from S8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungJoJo,

Thanks for the support, I have tried everything, I do not know how to get into safe mode and I have no other devices to pair my watch with.  But I have solved the problem.  I deduced it was a watch to phone bluetooth issue as I could connect the phone successfully to a bluetooth speaker.

I delved into the blutooth on my phone and found the bluetooth connection history -  Bluetooth, then details, then teh top right 3 dots then, Bluetooth control history.  In there it tells you if any apps have turned bluetooth on or off and htere I found that my trend mobile security had recently turned it on.  It appears that it had control of bluetooth.  I went into the trend app and found an option to control apps so I unchecked that.  It still controlled the bluetooth, not for the audio speaker just the watch's comunicaton with the phone via bluetooth so I have had to uninstall the Trend security, now it stays connected all day!

I now have a new problem my email app on the watch shows "no eamail" despite there being some on the phone.  I'll look that up in the forum as it's a new topic.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I understand this can be very frustrating for you. Is this happening when your device is in safe mode? Also have you tried pairing your watch with another device?

userReNHZ6HUCW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungJoJo,

Thanks for the support, I have tried everything, I do not know how to get into safe mode and I have no other devices to pair my watch with.  But I have solved the problem.  I deduced it was a watch to phone bluetooth issue as I could connect the phone successfully to a bluetooth speaker.

I delved into the blutooth on my phone and found the bluetooth connection history -  Bluetooth, then details, then teh top right 3 dots then, Bluetooth control history.  In there it tells you if any apps have turned bluetooth on or off and htere I found that my trend mobile security had recently turned it on.  It appears that it had control of bluetooth.  I went into the trend app and found an option to control apps so I unchecked that.  It still controlled the bluetooth, not for the audio speaker just the watch's comunicaton with the phone via bluetooth so I have had to uninstall the Trend security, now it stays connected all day!

I now have a new problem my email app on the watch shows "no eamail" despite there being some on the phone.  I'll look that up in the forum as it's a new topic.

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great! We're glad to hear you were able to figure this out.