cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXyNz5XI8Im
Asteroid

Gear S3 frontier - One UI - Draining battery

Got the latest one UI update. After updating the battery started to drain like anything. It's not even going for 12 hours, previously i was charging my watch once in two days. There's a serious issue in this updat. Gear app on phone is showing Contacts app is taking 70% battery. I am not using this app nor making any phone calls from watch. It's w bug. See the screenshot. Samsung please fix this asap.Screenshot_20190523-164726.jpg

22 REPLIES 22
user7qdkPLBzIv
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 frontier - One UI - Draining battery

Having same issue. Truthfully i have never had any luck with the watch lasting more than 30 hours w/out charging. I updated yesterday and this morning my watch lasted only 13 hours that was with 1 hr of power saving mode(which was supposed to last over est. 8hrs)

I have some increased issues with other apps that interface with the watch over the last month as well as issues detecting workouts and syncing up with my phone for steps. Samsung if somone doesnt address this shortly i will be moving on to another name brand. 

userXyNz5XI8Im
Asteroid

Let's raise this on social media and tag Samsung. I have raised the same on Twitter and Facebook. This how we could get Samsung's attention.

user7qdkPLBzIv
Constellation

Having same issue. Truthfully i have never had any luck with the watch lasting more than 30 hours w/out charging. I updated yesterday and this morning my watch lasted only 13 hours that was with 1 hr of power saving mode(which was supposed to last over est. 8hrs)

I have some increased issues with other apps that interface with the watch over the last month as well as issues detecting workouts and syncing up with my phone for steps. Samsung if somone doesnt address this shortly i will be moving on to another name brand. 

@userXyNz5XI8Im wrote:

Got the latest one UI update. After updating the battery started to drain like anything. It's not even going for 12 hours, previously i was charging my watch once in two days. There's a serious issue in this updat. Gear app on phone is showing Contacts app is taking 70% battery. I am not using this app nor making any phone calls from watch. It's w bug. See the screenshot. Samsung please fix this asap.Screenshot_20190523-164726.jpg

@userXyNz5XI8Im wrote:

Samsung_1Z0RQiS
Astronaut

How do you make it work

How do you make it work

Sharkloversioux
Constellation

I'm having the same problem. I could go a couple days before a charge. I made it 4 hours today. Says contacts are taking 85%! It's absurd!

userXyNz5XI8Im
Asteroid

Let's raise this on social media and tag Samsung. I have raised the same on Twitter and Facebook. This how we could get Samsung's attention.

Sharkloversioux
Constellation

I had to factory reset my watch. Do not use backed up settings. You'll have to reset all your settings but it seems to be working for me. 

SunNSnow
Constellation

This is what I did to fix the battery drain problem:

After the One UI update, factory reset the watch and don't restore anything from backup.  Instead, reconfigure everthing from scratch. Change the system settings to your liking. Make sure "Report diagnostic and usage info" is turned ON (found in "Settings" > "About watch"). Then open each app one by one for the first time, accepting all permissions. In S-Voice, turn off the "voice wake-up" option. Restart watch and start using like normal.

Perhaps not all of these steps are required to fix the issue but this is the combination/order that worked for me. I later turned off "Report diagnostic and usage info" and battery life seemed to be unaffected.

userH38X6rg8zf
Constellation

How did you factory reset?  Seems after last 2 updates,  the only way to factory reset is through watch settings menu.  

There is no option from the phone galaxy wearables or the watch boot up to factory restore.