JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 frontier battery drains suddenly from 89% to zero in a couple of hours

(Topic created on: 8/20/20 11:36 AM)
userby9KCGRdP6
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My Gear S3 frontier (SM R760); Software version: R760XXU2FTD4 (May 2020 update) worked well until last week. Then watch battery started draining suddenly from 89% to zero in a few hours. There are no setting changes (no new watch faces, notifications, etc.). I have power cycled the watch a few times. The battery drain issue remains the same. Any solutions? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I think that the next step is to backup the watch using the Galaxy Wearable app and then reset the watch. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I think that the next step is to backup the watch using the Galaxy Wearable app and then reset the watch. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
userby9KCGRdP6
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thanks for the suggestion. I have followed your guidance. Let me see how the battery holds up. 

0 Likes
usern3ZBESpF9L
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I'm having the same battery life issues after the most recent update and so are a lot of others. I am also having intermittent connection issues. Hopefully Samsung will take notice and issue an update to correct the problem(s). 

userby9KCGRdP6
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Backing up and resetting the watch worked for me.  It is the second day and the battery holds good so far. 

usern3ZBESpF9L
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Resetting the watch worked for me as well. Thanks!
0 Likes
Ninner49
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I have reset my phone multiple times and nothing. It definitely affected battery life after the last update 2020, I have purchase a new battery I will see how it goes, as I fully charged it once already and it barely gave me 2 days. But honestly Samsung needs to fix this issue.
Sginstalls
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I own both a gear s3 frontier & classic that charge on their original chargers & were working great until the last 2 updates. I now have two gear3's that won't turn on unless on charger & will not receive notifications or perform the bixby update that keeps popping up. is anyone else having these issues. seconds after either watch is removed from their charger they cut off not shut down. its like the battery was ripped out of it.