cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 frontier sensors don't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this problem many times. Luckily it's always been an easy solution. I believe updates reset this rather obscure permission and I have to re-allow it every time I notice my watch stops taking my heart rate. 

On the watch (not in the phone app) go to:

Settings > Apps > Permissions > System apps (it's at the very bottom, out of an otherwise alphabetical order) > Power saving > enable the Sensors permission

"Sensors" is the only option here. It seems like a weird place but this works for me. Maybe this is also turns off when I enable Power Saving... not totally sure on that but I'll be paying attention now.

I hope this works! If it does, please mark this as a solution and maybe unmark the generic response asking for your info & suggesting you send it in for repairs Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I tried this but mine is still not working. The lights are still not blinking.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After the latest Bixby update 4.0.0.7, my s3 sensors stopped working.

the above solution didn't work...

I regret updating, now my watch is waste.. as I see motherboard change is the only solution.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S3 Frontier lost its sensors after the last bixby upate also.  Nothing Ive tried has had a positive effect so far.

Up till then its been a great watch but pretty useless now...

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there! Have you tried resetting the watch? Does the green light on the back of the device still blinking?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi 

Was looking to see if anyone can help as my s3 frontier seems to have stopped step recording and heart rate no working .... I have reset the watch done the *#0*# and stoll nothing worked.

Done a sensor hub self test and its failed 

Any help please.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is not working how did u fix urs??

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nothing works. The only solution is to downgrade to Tizen 3 but then you will start getting issues with samsung pay your gear app will constantly bug you to update your watch OS. If only samsung can fix this. Maybe the dev team can use the old modems with new TIzen os ?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well this has been going on since 2018 and Samsung has not resolved the issues or admitted any wrong doing since their update broke so many of our watches. I would say about 50% of them if I were to guess.  I bought 2 of the Galaxy GearS3 Frontier watches., 1 for the wife and 1 for me. guess i was the unlucky one. Funny thing is, she doesnt even use all the goodies like i did when they were working, sleep, tracker, workouts, HR moniter, etc.

Had the note8 and just upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra a week ago and just picked up the new Watch3 Today. Still cant figure out how to see my o2 concentration. It's important to me becuase of my health problems. <edit> I have been a Diehard Loyal Samsung Fan since my 1st Fipphone I ever bought, Inccluding tablets TV's and the 1st watch the made, I think that one had the camera. So I will hold onto the GearS3 Frontiers <edit>. They better not mess up the new Watch3. I expect That other company that sells fruit to rip people off by forcing them to upgrade, but not Samsung!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Be a great positive tone here if Samsung would remedy the situation that everyone here has.  We all have an expensive disfunctional device and want a resolution from the manufacture of said device. Fix the issue with our current devices and stop trying to remedy it by selling new.  I for one, will NOT be buying new if you can't support what I already have. I criticize noone on these 35 pages of complaints, for getting upset.  Want to keep a "positive" tone on this page, fix the issue and it will be...I'm positive!