JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 frontier sensors don't work

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 10:41 AM)
kairusevon
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

my gear s3 frontier after the last update, stopped working the heart rate meter, wake up gesture, step counter, basically the sensors are not working, how to solve?

352 Replies
userj2hurnf5tK
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi Samsung, brand new Watch gear s3 frontier. Same issue software update then sensors doest work.

Can u please give an estimate of software rollout please?

Best Regards

An Avid Samsung supporter

0 Likes
BambangSetiawan
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

hai.. I'm also from Indonesia - Jakarta,
i Have same problem,
because of my watch buy on Singapore,
Technical Center samsung in Indonesia can't accept my watch for check the problem.

hard to do, if i have to send or go to singapore only for service this watch.

Hai samsung Moderator.
i don't have any tattoo, and this watch have been used almost 7 Month and this watch is good.
i already Reset factory & follow your instruction in page 4.
but this watch (Sensor) not working..
so what should i have to do?

Thanks for your attention.
Regards,
Your Customer
31 Aug 2018

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Thank you for this information! This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Dhiego
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@SamsungJace and @SamsungLarryK 

My name is Dhiego and I live in Brazil. I bought a s3 Frontier SM-R760 gear in New York City, that is, it's an American model. I also have sensor problems after upgrading to tizen 3.0.0.2.
When will an update be performed for correction?
I can not believe that a software update has damaged the hardware.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello @Dhiego, Please review this link http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=1000710&modelname=SM...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Dhiego
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@SamsungJace I did exactly the steps described, but it did not solve the problem. When I use * # 0 * # and do the test the sensors are all equal fault.

0 Likes
User89898989
Comet
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@Dhiego Just to confirm, what other steps from the thread have you tried so far? 

0 Likes
Dhiego
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello @User89898989 I also tried rebooting to the factory defaults. Should reinstall the ROM should solve? I noticed that some people tried to do it, but it did not work either. Since the problem occurred after the update, could it have spoiled the sensors? This BUG is already being handled by Samsung and will there be an update to fix it? or can this be a hardware problem?

0 Likes
userUfuz3q75O2
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

HI..my gear s3 have problem with sensor too..it looks a hardware problem..rebooting doesnt work....

0 Likes
usersyg3hKg6OL
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi,

I bought a Samsung Gear3 Frontier watch in Florida, USA and gifted it to my sister in India. The sensors are not working after updating the watch. The watch is in India now and samsung service center in India has quoted $200 for the replacement of the mother board of the watch. 

I bought the watch for $270 and do I have to invest another $200 to get it fixed? or is there any other solution? or do I have to leave it aside untill we get next update? or get it back to USA and get it fixed? or just trash it?

Please help me out?

0 Likes