JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 frontier sensors don't work

(Topic created: 09-06-2018 10:48 AM)
kairusevon
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

my gear s3 frontier after the last update, stopped working the heart rate meter, wake up gesture, step counter, basically the sensors are not working, how to solve?

352 Replies
usernNn4PT3nuA
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

What do you mean with the sensors not working? If you mean the greb flashing lights are not working, the solution is:

The green flashing light is the heart rate monitor working. What happens if you set the setting for it to frequent or never (turn the bezel until you see the heart rate monitor app, open it, hit the three dots at the right, choose settings, never/frequent)?

0 Likes
usermv7dKPyY3P
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

i tried the same and my sensorhub selftest says FAIL

0 Likes
userc6aLsbUNxk
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Going thru all the HRM test seemed to force it and my watch sensor works again

0 Likes
userZPhBTEQgMr
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have the exactly the same problem. I've just purchased the smartwatch and updated it. No sensors working... And I didn't even test the sensors before because one of the firt things I did was the software update.

0 Likes
userZPhBTEQgMr
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Tizen 3.0.0.2
Software R760XXU2CRG3
SM-R760
0 Likes
NeilZhang
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same problem after updating to 3.0.0.2.

When will the new update release?

0 Likes
Dhiego
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

@SamsungLou@SamsungLarry@samsung@SamsungJay@SamsungJace when will we hear about an update that will correct the problem of all sensors?

0 Likes
User89898989
Comet
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Unfortunately, we are unable to speculate about the release of future updates. But, please stay tuned to the page, and we will post publicly when an update becomes available.

0 Likes
userCtpZUXKeUG
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hi from SriLanka,

facing the same issue, battery drain and non of the sensors are responding. No help from Samsung just unbelievable. These are expensive devices but still customers are unhappy and more the device is just useless without the sensors. Cheap wearables in the market do a better job than Samsung gear s3 frontier. Disappointing.

Rgds

0 Likes
Ahmedzk83
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

any update @SamsungLarry  ????

0 Likes