JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear S3 frontier sensors don't work

(Topic created: 02-07-2019 09:12 AM)
kairusevon
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

my gear s3 frontier after the last update, stopped working the heart rate meter, wake up gesture, step counter, basically the sensors are not working, how to solve?

352 Replies
userWxmdkbo96T
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

wake up gesture and sensors are working again \o/

0 Likes
usery7qhScYBhA
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

What happened? How did you get them working? Or did they just start working on their own?

0 Likes
RyanB82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine worked on their own again too  only for week .Then stopped again 

0 Likes
RyanB82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Any updates on a fix?? @samsung978531

0 Likes
Gui1andre
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I bought the product in Brazil, the problem with the sensors started to happen after the last update and now my warranty is over, I have a dead weight at home.

Really disappointed

0 Likes
Gui1andre
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

We need a solution

0 Likes
RyanB82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

We need a direct link to the software engineers instead of wasting our time in these forums 

userJvs2u4JLUx
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Why do we need to pay for a repair when it was Samsung's update that caused these issues? Our watches were working perfectly the day before the update .

RyanB82
Cosmic Ray
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I wondered the same thing but came to the conclusion of a money grab... Check this out  . I sent the watch to Samsung repair center in Texas, I'm in wny where there aren't any.. My watch was in perfect physical condition and I checked before I shipped it.. Packaged in hard container and wrapped the heck out of it in bubble wrap.. I got an email saying the rear of my watch was cracked! Which it wasn't! Needless to say I had to pay them 70$ to fix the problem their update caused.. It's in process of being shipped back to me and once it arrives and I test it out, I will update in here 

0 Likes
userWs2rscoMxo
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mate ive had the same problem ever since the 3.0.0.2 update, got the watch a week before the update too, tried everything in the book,

factory reset, cleaning, draining it till it wouldnt even show the samsung logo, heck i even flashed tizen 2.8 through 3.0.0.2 again NOTHING  works, samsung needs to fix this, the watch aint cheap, and even if it were whats the point in buying a 300$ smartwatch if all its gonna do is show the time, my wall clock does that too, costs a lot less too.

ps. everything was working before the update before you start blaming it on hardware issues. so im pretty sure its the software.

0 Likes