Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userKZdDqVovSz
Asteroid

Multiple sensors stopped working suddenly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Gear S3 Frontier (SM-R760) and have had no problems until recently. All at one time, the accelerometer, barometer, gyroscope, heart rate sensor (and due to a combo of these sensors failing the wake up gesture) no longer work. My first assumption was that is was a software issue and Samsung would fix it quickly due to backlash from the community. Since then I have come here for research on a fix and apparently there is none which is rather dissapointing. This watch is very expensive for what it does and I would hate to have to throw it away since I bought it primarily for the health monitoring features. Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet? If so was it hardware or software?

userWycc7UuhSW
Constellation

Re: Multiple sensors stopped working suddenly

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I'm also having the same problem And battery drain very fast I even Master reset The watch Any still Doesn't work right Heart rate monitor doesn't work and very laggy the hand gesture doesn't work either And the watch gets very hot I hope Samsung is aware of this Problem

userKZdDqVovSz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I forgot to mention the battery drain as well. I used to wear my watch for 3 days straight before having to charge it. Now after taking it off the charger in the morning it will have around 40-50% battery life remaining at the end of the day. This also started to happen when the sensors stopped working.  Hopefully they will come out soon with a reasonable answer that will not cost as much as a new watch. 

Nessie
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung is aware of the issue because I have made it my personal issue to complain to them every day until they do something but they are taking absolutely no responsibility for it.

userKZdDqVovSz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you been able to get any kind of response from them, good or bad?

userKZdDqVovSz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I never recaived a response from anyone from Shamsung. But I just replaced the board and everything is working again. 

user4OpW1tMjNf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Any news?
userIZNSctPspZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There's still no fix yet? This is just ridiculous on Samsung's part. They're so engrossed with the new products that they've simply given up on the loyal customers.

fahad86
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is quite rediculous that this thread is marked as Solved, while it clearly is NOT.

It is quite clear that the issue was caused by Tizen 3.0.0.2.

And also quite clear that the users who face this issue have an outdated/mismatching version of MCU Firmware Version: BR010

@samsung atleast needs to give an indication if there is going to be a fix for the issue. Maybe with a new firmware!

If Tizen 3.0.0.2 caused something in the motherboard to go irrevokably haywire such that the MCU can't be upgraded to the latest Firmware, then @samsung should atleast release a new firmware that would be backwards compatible with MCU Firm Ver: BR010

Just speculating!

@samsung should issue a fix for the affected users if they really value their customers and their reputation (which at the moment doesn't seem to be the case).

userKZdDqVovSz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just received a new board that I ordered from ebay for around $60. It was used but at this point In needed to know if it could be fixed. I am happy to report that I have full functionality again. I am not sure what the updates did to the hardware, but that appears to have been the problem at this point.