cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmasl
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 frontier sensors don't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I am facing the same issue. I tried factory reset and also dialed *#0*# to check sensors working or not, but they all weren't responding at all.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userapcftRrinU and pmasl Just to clarify is light on the back of the Gear S3 still blinking?

useruwzgS4mUCb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its pretty fustrating that the sensors dont work. I tried every solution offered on the forums and still nothing. How is it that samsung can basically kill all ther watches and not care. Awaiting a solution, but till then I guess i have to use my trusty Garmin to work out. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruwzgS4mUCb I would be happy to look into this further for you. Are you referring the the sensor not blinking after the update?

useruwzgS4mUCb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam none of the sensors are working. The heart rate is not blinking, the acclerometer is not working, and the altitude/Baro is also not working. Did a *#0*# sensor test and they all failed. Wake up gesture also stopped working. Plus now the battery only lasts like 12-16 hours. 

Model Number: SM-R760

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruwzgS4mUCb Thank you for that information. Can you please send me your serial number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

user1OVQDqKfGu
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi!!

I was having this issue since the beginning of this year. After a lot of research and trying everything I've found on Internet last month I sent my watch to a Samsung service center.

They replaced a circuit board and now my watch is working perfectly, but it costed one third of the price of a new one.

I still think this problem was caused by one of the software updates, probably overloaded some circuit.

Honestly I don't think I'll trust Samsung again when looking for a new one...

Hope this can help other users!!