cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kairusevon
Astronaut

Gear S3 frontier sensors don't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my gear s3 frontier after the last update, stopped working the heart rate meter, wake up gesture, step counter, basically the sensors are not working, how to solve?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gear S3 frontier sensors don't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are experiencing this and have completed all possible troubleshooting, can I have the following information via private message? Honestly repairs would be recommended. 

Full Model Code:

Serial Number:

IMEI Number (if LTE):

318 REPLIES 318
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userrmYKYhWhlr

What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Have you tried to perform a factory reset on your watch?

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrmYKYhWhlr

Hello again, just thought I would check back with you and see if you needed any further assistance. If so let us know!

Shariq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I am facing the same issue. I tried factory reset and also dialed *#0*# to check sensors working or not, but they all weren't responding at all.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userRaQ5vHTlJW

And your device is a Gear S3 as well, correct? If so and you have already performed a factory data reset, I would look into getting that watch repaired. To do that you can reach out to us at 1 800 726 7864 or through the Samsung+ application. If you reach out to one of our moderators here in a private message, we can get that scheduled as well.

useroQcw7PJuAO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. 

Same problem here. After last update sensors don't work in gear s3 frontier. 

Reset didn't work. 

Too bad I have this watch for only few months and at that price point it's unacceptable..

Vin79
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My floor counter hasn't worked properly since about a year-and-a-half ago! I was hoping it was software-related but it still doesn't work properly after that long and even new watches launched so must be hardware issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello guys... I'm following this "Gear S3 frontier sensors do not work" community from the start. I am a victim of the same problem .... The sensors of my S3 also stopped working. I bought my S3 in the US but I live in Brazil. This Samsung policy of not accepting repairs on products purchased outside the country is simply ridiculous. Even when under warranty. It is clear that this problem is a case of "Recal". we need to find legal mechanisms that will force all Samsungs to fix their watches for free !!

Here in Brazil we have the consumer protection code and through it we can fight for our rights as consumers. I do not know the laws of the USA but they should be stricter than those of Brazil for such cases of consumer disrespect as is the case of Samsung.

It's not just stay in prejudice by Samsung error in a software upgrade without the proper tests.

userdW9ppTrY8a
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same for me as well. The sensors don't work even i restart the watch. Please give guidance and help on this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userdW9ppTrY8a, do you have a Samsung device synced to the watch? If so, can you please provide me with the model number?