cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCVg80FV2Hy
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 frontier sensors don't work

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Take your watch off, put it on a hard working surface, take a hammer in the other hand and smash the watch as hard as you possibly can until it no longer resembles a watch.  Funny, but that's more and better advice than you'll get from Samsung and their great customer service.  

My first smarthphone was a Note 4, I absolutely fell in love with Samsung and thought they were a-maze-ing!  About six months later the phone significantly slowed, I bought multiple batteries, and countless hours of looking stuff up online and attempting to contact their customer service got me nowhere except for a lot of wasted time.  

As my relationship with Sammy was going south, I fell in love with the Gear S3 Frontier and I decided to give them a second chance.  My biggest draw to them was because they were willing to spend tons of money on R/D and come up with some incredible things.  But after a few short months, once again I ran into software issues and no one was available to help me out.  So, I moved on.  I haven't bought another Samsung product and I'm definitely alright with that.  Sure they tantelize me with a few of their newest gimmecks but I won't be fooled a third time and I don't suggest you make the same mistakes as I have.

It's 3:30am CST and I'm all dressed and ready to go for my morning run.  I'm trying to troubleshoot the very things you are, my sensors are not working, specfically the pedometer and I'm beyond frustrated.

Just so people know, as much as it sounds like I hate Samsung, I hate Apple all the more.  I'm not some Apple troll.  I haven't owned an Apple product since my Ipod 2nd gen, nor will I ever buy anything with an Apple logo.  However, this will be my last Samsung product I ever own, unless by some unforseen change like Samsung starts to acknowledge their issues and attempts to help their curstomers.

I ranted too much, I'm sorry.  I love Samsung's inovation and hate their execution and tech support.

Good luck, I hope you find your solutions. Ps- Don't wait until 3:30am to use/fix your crapp-tastic Samsung products :^)

userKZdDqVovSz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Today I come bearing good news...ish. I guess it is all about perspective. Anyways, on my own dime and after doing a little more research, I decided to gamble on a motherboard. I ordered it from ebay and it finally came in today. It was a used board but I had nothing to lose so in it goes. I am happy to report that I have full funtionality again. 

fahad86
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung has begun Rolling out Tizen 4.0.0.4 and One UI for Gear S3: https://www.iotgadgets.com/2019/05/s...nd-gear-sport/ I've already replaced my Gear S3 because of the sensor problem. But out of curiosity, does anyone know if the above update fixes the sensor issue by any chance? Looks like the rollout has begun with US, Canada, Poland, Netherlands, and Australia. So one might be able to force update by just changing their CSC to XAR (US)

user0LDNir4pEz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dont know about the S3. I have updated my Gear Sport and Sensors stopped working, bezel stopped working, terrible battery drain at night. And the best thing, Gear Sport warranty is not international (which i did not know), so im stuck with a 300usd stone. I reccomend to wait for update.

userD7KorbUEaD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My gear s3 all sensor don't work

I checked sensor *#0*# sensorhub part have problem

Int check: OK

Firmware check

MCU firm version: BR010

BIN Firm vesion: BR0119042300

MCU name: BCM4774IUB2G

Check other device OK:

MCU firm version: BR0119042300

BIN Firm vesion: BR0119042300

Please help me!!

fahad86
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try resetting. Bezel wasn't a part of the SensorHub problem.

Also try dialing *#0# and click on SensorHub and post your results.

If it does say fail, then maybe Samsung is taking turns in bricking the different older device models, and now it's Gear Sport's turn ;-D

userWycc7UuhSW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
No we did not I still have the same issue With the heart rate sensor And all the sensors
SUUUPER
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is ther a fix yet? I have this problem for the past 8 months.

I tried everything like if I'm trying to catch a MEW.

reset,

turn off, factory reset, put it in water, fire, EVERYTHING. 

FIX IT SAMSUNG! 

Samarain
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with the sensors, after last tizen update 4.*** still have the same problem, why so long to fix this problem by samsung?

userapcftRrinU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I am facing the same issue. I tried factory reset and also dialed *#0*# to check sensors working or not, but they all weren't responding at all.