cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBnA0SpCZrG
Constellation

Gear S3 frontier sensors not working

Sensors on my Gear S3 Frontier are not working after Tizen 4.0.0.4 update. What should I do?

Model: SM-R760

Serial number:<hidden>

Tizen version: 4.0.0.4

Software version: R760XXU2ESF2

I also tried soft reboot from the settings which unfortunately didn't help.

4 REPLIES 4
user1Awfvmc6Ub
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 frontier sensors not working

I have the same problem! 

userPfIG5ZqFqt
Astronaut

I also have the same issue. Tried everything possible. Please help if somebody got it fixed !!

Samsung team, there are lot many complains, why is there is no fix out yet. even there was an update in july, but that also did not help !!

There are lot many people with same issue.

FormerGearFan
Cosmic Ray

A lot of us are experiencing sensor issues after the latest round of updates. So far it appears Samsung is having customers send in their gear for "repairs". One user here on the forum has reportedly sent theirs in, and the sensors quit again after taking the update again. Samsung does not appear to be addressing the root cause yet.

userOEgOy81FzU
Constellation

Same here. It's not just Tizen 4.0 issue, it's been around for at least 8 months now....and as you may guess, no solution so far. If you search "Samsung gear sensor issue" you'll find many threads about this issue.

All in honesty, I am pretty much upset on this "progress" to fix the sensor issue....and that is really really nice way of saying it. However, I do have a solution for it, and that is buying another product...and no, it'll not be Samsung brand.