cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFawgfImBpf
Constellation

Gear S3 message notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Didn't have this problem until recent updates. When I am texting using my phone, my text notifications build up on the watch. So every notification I satisfied on the phone has the orange bubble with a number next to the contact on the messages app. Am I looking past a setting that makes this go away when the messages are read on my phone? I'm using stock messages app on a Note 8.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userFawgfImBpf
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 message notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION
As previously stated, Note 8. I have since solved this problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the Gear app on the phone, which forces a factory reset on the watch in order to connect. While inconvenient, it did solve all of my problems, and I now have a fully functional Gear S3.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userFawgfImBpf

Might I ask what phone you have your Gear S3 paired with? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFawgfImBpf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
As previously stated, Note 8. I have since solved this problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the Gear app on the phone, which forces a factory reset on the watch in order to connect. While inconvenient, it did solve all of my problems, and I now have a fully functional Gear S3.

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah, glad to hear it's solved!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNedKHbeuPa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem too. It seems to happen when I walk out of Bluetooth range. My Gear S3 will start buzzing like crazy and when I look I willwhave 90 new notifications all of which were cleared on the phone already and can be from days prior. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the gear app on my phone to resolve a different issue but I'm continuing to have this issue .

usersxL7fDEz5B
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this very same issue, and have yet to resolve it. However, mine has been doing this since I purchased the watch and phone together back in the fall of 2017.

For a brief moment in time I thought it was resolved when I installed the new update for the gear s3, however, a few days later number sync turned off and after turning it back on, my messages went back to the way it was. I'm really getting tired of seeing the little red circle with 100 unread messages that only go away after checking them from the actual watch even though I've read them all from my phone days earlier. . 

userzHcKbV1wvf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

I have the very same issue.

I want my Email app on phone to give notification but silently (no sound, no phone vibration)

but on the other hand i would like my Gear S3 to vibrate on email notification.

I cannot achieve that. The only way i can force my Gear S3 to vibrate on notification is when also phone vibrates.

I used to have gear 2 and it works properly Smiley Sad