Original topic:

Gear S3 music widget stopped working

(Topic created: 04-29-2022 08:30 PM)
userLvOsAakp3Z
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
I use the music widget to start and stop podcasts playing through the google podcast app. Yesterday it stopped functioning. I press play and after about 10 seconds it says "play track on phone first", even though I was either just playing it, or while it's playing.

My phone is a Galaxy S21 ultra.
3 Replies
userqub97tAm8o
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Edit: it started working for me again. I updated the gear app on the phone and then restarted the watch. Didn't try the podcase app, but it works with youtube and spotify again thankfully.

Stopped working for me as well. Doesn't work for youtube at all on the phone, and for spotify, it can list the previous tracks but won't play them. Only the forward and back buttons work for spotify, and the track name is not shown. Says "play track on phone first" every few seconds. Fix it please samsung, it worked perfectly before the last update. The reviews in the galaxy store are full of people compaining of the same.

0 Likes
userLvOsAakp3Z
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Didn't see that update until I saw your edit. It's now working again! Yay!
0 Likes
userXRN1cFGovn
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Glad a new Samsung Music update is working for you. It didn't help for me. It's not easy to keep track of the app version numbers, because I haven't seen a change log or dates associated with the version numbers. So I don't remember the exact version number that was broken. Anyway, I don't think there's a way to go back to an earlier version that worked, except I posted another thread describing a way to reset the music app on the watch.
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Gear-and-Gear-Fit/Samsung-Music-on-Watch-Gear-S3-Not-Working-Pos...
0 Likes