cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userUXR5SI8vnR
Astronaut

Gear S3 not Counting Floors

I have a Gears s3 Frontier and it does consistencly track my floor count.  I have a two story house and some time it will count one floor when I go up stairs and some times it does not.  I seem to be a 35% changes it will count the floor.  How can I get the watch to actualrerly count floors.

306 REPLIES 306
rcook55
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 not Counting Floors

I'll second this, Gear S3 Frontier. It's not counting stairs at all correctly. The interesting thing is that the altimiter is showing the change in elevation. From the groud floor to the upper storey in my house the altimiter will show an elevation change of 10ft. However it takes quite a while for the elevation to 'settle' so I think the issue is that the altimiter is too slow to react to elevation changes so it doesn't register floors climbed. 

userivruW8H5h1
Constellation

It is not counting mine either, now it wants me to lower my target? what good will that do if it doesnt count them to begin with?

GBarrington
Cosmic Ray

Clearly it wants you to lower your expectations.  If you set your target to zero, you will never be disappointed!

userEqyR0axi7p
Constellation

Has any found a fix? My watch fluctuates while sitting in same spot in my bedroom constantly by up to 30 feet.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

user8T2ZXIuAsE
Constellation

Same here. Just contacted support and they had me do a reset, still not accurate. Mine seems to count about half the time, maybe a bit more at home. Funny thing is at the office it seems to be on target. As a side note, I was not impressed by the support tech.

MikeS1971
Asteroid

Mine is pretty accurate at work, but it's 12 feet between floors. At home it never counts floors, that's because it's just under 9 feet. The S3 needs 10 feet of elevation to count as a floor.

The normal wall height of a home is 8 feet. The second floor joists are usually 10 to 12 inches. The S3 will rarely see you as climbing and complete floor since you come up about a foot short every time  

userMt6LOjsfS1
Constellation

I too have struggled the last 6 months with my S3 Classic not counting strips.  I look for updates ever day.  I power cycle the watch every night, and my S7 Edge every night.  My S3 Classic registers about 10% of the stairs compared to my Fitbit, which is generally accurate.  This thread has been going on for almost a few years now, so hopefully the watch or Health app will get an update to fix it soon.  Thanks. 

userEhSFzn4Kew
Constellation

This thread has been on here sense February of 2017 and still no answer? I wonder why over a year and not fixed? Can anyone tell us when this might be fixed or if it is even a concern to Samsung?