cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userczw9VqgfDJ
Asteroid

Re: Gear S3 not charging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I appreciate that, but being that this was delivered this way, I intiated a return the day after i got it. Just waiting for a return label to send it back. I ordered a replacement that arrives today, so as soon as Samsung gets me that return label, they will be free to run all the tests they want.

Highlighted
user1zZsdaw8d9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have or hopefully had the same problem: red light blinking on the charger and won't start charging.

It was working fine while connectect to the 4-port external USB hub, but then suddenly it just stopped charging. So, I connected the wireless charger to another USB cable and charger, and S3 started charging normally. I also noticed the USB cable is not always connected properly to the charger. I am using now other than Samsung's original USB cable and wall charger (240V).

I have the European version of S3 Frontier (SM-R760) sold in Finland, and I suppose it has the latest firmware/software inside that is available in EU/Finland (Tizen v3.0.0.1, software R760XXU2CQK3).
user09ScFXVKtY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. I always wake up to watch partially charged and a blinking light. Samsung.. COME ON! 

userO8RYUDoaOj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought the Gear S3 along with a new S8 Plus.  I get the same annoying problem.  It is apparent that this is a common problem which Samsung needs to look into.  Someone there must have a solution to this.  It is obviously something you are hearing from many customers.  I need resolution or I will need to return and go back to my old fashioned watch.  The one that told time!  Hahaha!  Please advise!

userhD4HaP3w0R
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apparently they just restock the ones that dont charge. I bought an S3 classic open box from best buy and on day 1 it had the charging problem.

userbn1uAwICYT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Got exactly the same problem gear s3 frontier hooked up to a s8 plus been like it for a month now and I don't have time to go to a samsung shop. Is there a fix for this as my watch is really important to me due to being a driver. And coraspondence would be greatful if there is a fix for this.

Thanks Pete.

userB6wiqUAKoi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem. Will not full charge. often get so hot that I get a message saying it has to cool down before it works again.   vey frustrating.  Amazing that Samsung does not respond to this.

RonH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here also the same problem: Blinking led and S3 buzzing that it lost connection/starts charging again.

Come on Samsung, give us some support!

userMvKxX7Z8RP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have that same problem. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.